multi satelites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

usb

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi
I am new to fta & this is my first post so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.
I see that there are a multitude of channels on many different satelites, if i wish to pick up signals from different satelites i understand i will need a motorised antenna if the satelites are not close.
Are there any recievers that automaticaly control the antenna or do i need an antenna controller as well.
thanks for your help
Usb

welcome to the site usb. one of the mods with access to this forum will move this to the fta section where you will receive a lot of good advice. you will find that our fta staff is very knowlegdable and will give you some good pointers.

korsjs said:
welcome to the site usb. one of the mods with access to this forum will move this to the fta section where you will receive a lot of good advice. you will find that our fta staff is very knowlegdable and will give you some good pointers.

Thanks for the welcome
sorry to have posted in the wrong place

Most receivers control a motor. The thing to make sure is that is has either
DiseQc 1.2
DiseQc 1.3
USALS (same as DiseQc 1.3)

1.2 allows you to control a motor. Once the dish is aimed at your true south (the satellite that is straight south of your location), you can motor to the other satellites. You move to the other satellite and store it in the system. Then when you select that satellite, the dish moves to the satellite.

1.3 or USALS is a little easier. You put in your latitude & longitude and the unit moves to the satellite automatically (no manual tuning needed)

1.2 is good for nudging (if your dish is off by one or 2 clicks…one click off can mean a HUGE difference in the signal)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lifetime ultra question

Pansat 2500A does not want to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)