Mulitple Globecast Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vukdaddy

Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Hello - newbie, just joined a few days ago. I have purchased a Globecast system and will likely purchase second receiver (to watch upstairs). Would anybody kindly offer advise on the best way to set up systems for two receiver feed ? Globecast was of very little help and my knowledge isn't deep enough to understand some of tech lingo (switch boxes, etc) I've found searching on-line. Thanks. :confused:

I moved this to the Free to Air area. There are some channels on the same satellite as Globecast that don't need a subscription :)

Globecast should be able to supply you with a dual LNBF that will fit their dish. I think our GOLD sponsor SADOUN also sell Globecast parts, may want to start there.........
Support the people that support us here at the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

What type of channels can you get on the Globecast satellite that does not need a subscription? I am guessing that they are not english channels. I notice that most FTA is foreign. Is there any way to get english audio on those channels?

Yep, and Globecasts FTA channels are just all the FTA channels on IA-5 KU :)

Here is what you will need:

~ Dual Output lnbf
~ 2nd GLOBECAST receiver for the 2nd room. Notice that Globecast will charge you a second full subscription fee for the 2nd receiver. I am not aware of any discounts offered on subscription for 2nd receiver!

When you bought your system, did you get the Oval dish or the 90cm offset dish we sell at Sadoun?

If you got the oval dish with the Globecast single output LNBF, then we don't have a replacement dual output LNBF that would work with the dish's lnbf bracket.

If you got the 90cm dish, then you could just replace the LNBF with a 40mm dual LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ViewSat Blind Scan

1.2m channel master dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)