mpeg4 tivo change over

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nickejoe

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I see all the great prices on hd tivos. I live in atlanta and understand that the mpeg4 change over will be here soon. Question: If I buy now at these great prices, will Dtv upgrade this equipment at no charge when the change over comes?...some charge? The new mpeg4 hd tivos are priced at $599.00.

Buy now ay great price and get dtv to upgrade for free? Am I nuts?
Does any know when will Atlanta change over?

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Where are you getting that price information at?

nickejoe said:
I see all the great prices on hd tivos. I live in atlanta and understand that the mpeg4 change over will be here soon.

Not necessarily. Latest info is "by the end of 2005." That's four months.
That's best case scenario.

As far as I know, D* is waiting until after Spaceway 2 is launched, so that they can verify the new 5LNB dishes are manufactured correctly.

Even then, the only MPEG4 receiver will be the H20. An MPEG4 capable DVR will not be out until at least Q2 2006.

nickejoe said:
Question: If I buy now at these great prices, will Dtv upgrade this equipment at no charge when the change over comes?...some charge? The new mpeg4 hd tivos are priced at $599.00.

There's no such thing, at this time, as an MPEG4 TiVo. Period.

$599 is the retail price for the HR10-250, an MPEG2 HD TiVo.
existing DirecTV customers (not new customers) have been reporting getting them for as low as $299.

DirecTV has a long history of upgrading customer's equipment at little or no charge WHEN THEY NEED TO. We have no more specific information than that.

H

Hogarth said:
Not necessarily. Latest info is "by the end of 2005." That's four months.
That's best case scenario.

As far as I know, D* is waiting until after Spaceway 2 is launched, so that they can verify the new 5LNB dishes are manufactured correctly.

Even then, the only MPEG4 receiver will be the H20. An MPEG4 capable DVR will not be out until at least Q2 2006.

There's no such thing, at this time, as an MPEG4 TiVo. Period.

$599 is the retail price for the HR10-250, an MPEG2 HD TiVo.
existing DirecTV customers (not new customers) have been reporting getting them for as low as $299.

DirecTV has a long history of upgrading customer's equipment at little or no charge WHEN THEY NEED TO. We have no more specific information than that.

H

How can I get it from D* for $299 when it's $599 (after rebate) on their site? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD10 and SDTV

Lnb C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)