Motor Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
2 questions - I know I had asked about leaving the receiver on or off...but now that i have a motor, should I turn it off when not in use? I see the green light is off on the motor when the receiver is off, but it takes so long to "warm up" after I turn the receiver back on. Also, should I "park" my dish in a certain spot when I am not using it? Thanks all!

I always leave mine off. No need to supply the LNB with power if no one is watching anything.

agreed. I turn off the unit when not in use.

As for the satellite, its up to you. Mine usually is parked at either IA8 or G10 because I'm usually watching something on those :)

yep, park it. One other thing, I don't know if it's all motors or just mine... but for some reason, it seems that if you move east to west or vice versa, things go a lot better than if you jump the full arc, trying to go from one end to the other - not only because it takes so long for the motor to catch up, but it seems that the motor/reciever somehow forget where it's going mid-trip sometimes... and stalls, requiring a hard power off from switch in back to get positioner lined up again. If you have not done so already, renaming the birds in your receiver stuff like "123 g10r", etc with 3 digit numbers + space + satellite name may help if your receiver sorts by name when you do sort by satellite - so that the arc is lined up east to west or vice versa..

I just gave up with the names since they seem to change more often than I want to mess with and simply use the slots and band. Thus I have 123C and 123K.

SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G10R/Equity down?

parts bin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts