More Good News from VOOM

VOOM is Vooming!

I think that message was meant for the doubters, skeptics, doomers, naysayers,... It is like saying "Up yours... we are still here" :D :D :D

The message was meant to slow down any flow of subscribers exiting the service.

Lob

This is off topic a bit but leads to a good retailer for Voom. In Indy Fry's Electronics is building a 180,000 square foot store. I stopped by the other day and the manager sat down and talked to me about Fry's growth and plans for expansion. I have never seen the inside of a Fry's store before and still have not seen one with the inventory in place. This store is only at the build out ready for inventory loading.

Why not Fry's for a retail outlet for Voom? Fry's seems to cover the more technical minded customer like electronics kit builders and experimenters. These are the customers who are more likely to buy into HD and Voom over the average joe blow.

Food for thought, Charles if you read this call Fry's and set the deal in place.

Sean Mota said:
VOOM is Vooming!

I think that message was meant for the doubters, skeptics, doomers, naysayers,... It is like saying "Up yours... we are still here" :D :D :D
Sean...Does that mean you too since for a few days there you were a "Doubting Thomas?" (confession...so was I)

justalurker said:
It isn't over until VoomDBS LLC gets its financing ... and the Cablevision board signs the definitive agreement (before Feb 28th). This is a temporary reprieve.

OK, now back to the maniac screams. :D

JL

Got to keep hoping for the worst. Otherwise you loose your reputation as an optimist. :D

Indy said:
This is off topic a bit but leads to a good retailer for Voom. In Indy Fry's Electronics is building a 180,000 square foot store. I stopped by the other day and the manager sat down and talked to me about Fry's growth and plans for expansion. I have never seen the inside of a Fry's store before and still have not seen one with the inventory in place. This store is only at the build out ready for inventory loading.

Why not Fry's for a retail outlet for Voom? Fry's seems to cover the more technical minded customer like electronics kit builders and experimenters. These are the customers who are more likely to buy into HD and Voom over the average joe blow.

Food for thought, Charles if you read this call Fry's and set the deal in place.
Fry's is great. They're big in CA and Dallas, TX. I got my 32" HD set there.

If this is hinting that voom has made some sort of headway with the previous anouncements (satellite & uplink center) and that they're going to start launching the channels earlier than March 1st, I say Yea! Unfortunately I won't be able to see anything before March 31st. But regardless once they do somehing it will be a permanent sign that Voom is not going anyway for a very long time. Hopefully they can get one of the new sats launches before that 34 month time frame that they announced back in November. The sooner the better!

mdonnelly said:
Fry's is great. They're big in CA and Dallas, TX. I got my 32" HD set there.

Fry's would be a pretty good choice (There is one in Woodland Hills, CA where I live). But I think BestBuy would be a better place since there are a lot more of them in the country...

I think BestBuys are locked up by Direct...as was posted earlier.
Fry's would be good...too bad they're mostly West coast, where it's more difficult to shoot the bird. I spend time in a BB this afternoon...and was surprised that there were 4 Direct/Tivo demo stations set up...not a one was being watched by a customer, and the "HomeTheater" section was packed. Amazing how many people were oooooooing and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahing over really terrible pictures on sets ;)

Lob

Lob

Lob

joep said:
Fry's would be a pretty good choice (There is one in Woodland Hills, CA where I live). But I think BestBuy would be a better place since there are a lot more of them in the country...

I have said it before, D* has a exclusive with Best Buy ( Circuit City ) to be the only DBS Provider sold there, that is why E* has never been sold there.

But at the same time, E* has never been sold in BB or CC, and look where they are , 11 million subs and making a profit ( and everyday I am amazed at the success of E*, they seem to do nothing right and look at where they are)

I agree with a previous poster. WoM from current subs is probably the cheapest means of customer acquisition. They could give us a $100 credit for each new sub and be WAY ahead of the game from what it would cost with traditional advertising.

Lob

Does it? I've been wondering since we've been members...

bradley said:
E* has Costco locked-up.
since Costco first started and live about 5 miles from their first store. Was speculating with my partner that a rotating special VOOM Day at Costcos would be a great idea.

Would be interested in your source of info. Is it really a done deal with E*? Guess I should just call headquarters over in Issaquah on Mon.

Still watching and enjoying HDTV under overcast Seattle skies, Gill

Yes, Indy, Fry's might be a good idea. The only thing...

Indy said:

going against it (a least at the local Fry's) is the quality of HDTV experience.
The one time we checked it out last year the PQ quality on all the monitors was awful but it might target one segment of the consumer market VOOM needs. Hope you mentioned this to the manager.

Still enjoying HDTV under overcast(SSQ=90-94) Seattle skies, Gill

Indy said:

The Frys here in my home town of Plano,Texas is a great store. I've been wondering for a long time why Voom has not signed up with Frys. I also agree with your reasons why Voom should be in Frys. Most people that shop there do know more than the "average Joe". I think it's a great idea.

Dell island in mall still selling Voom

VOOM shown at Orlando HamCation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)