MLB Strike Zone to Launch

If you keep posting like this ..dish will be forced to fix it

You make it sound like this is something new. It has been this way for years, many years. You are assuming it's breaking blackout rules, it may not be.

You make it sound like this is something new. It has been this way for years, many years. You are assuming it's breaking blackout rules, it may not be.
because the entire game is supposed to be blacked out fyi you can save $9 by cruiseing the sports alt channels

"I prefer to watch actual games not just brief clips."

You won't watch complete games for $9. I understand you don't like NFLZ, I can tell you many Direct TV customers would LOVE to be able to get it and not have to get the expensive NFL package. When you say you would rather watch complete games, I understand, but you are comparing $9 for a lot of channels and sports, to hundreds of $ for the NFL package. And MSP has never been about watching complete Pro games. The package has evolved more than just adding NFLZ to make the price go up. NBA, NHL etc.. at one time were not included. Price has certainly gone up, but at $9 I get alot of use by watching the end of baseball games, other local sports around the country, and NFLZ. Probably will enjoy MLBZ and of course MLBN.
Many of us did. I had it last year as a standalone for free. No sports pack and no ST.

football kinda lends itself cutting in and out..its a fast paced action oriented game..baseball is more of slow paced meandering game.. Who just wants to watch home runs and baserunners scoring? Its very hard to chop up a baseball game
I am a huge fan and I do understand where you are coming from. But baseball is more of a meandering river with sudden rapids that occur out of nowhere. It is the rapids that they jump to in this station. Also, since baseball is the only sport where the defense controls the ball, the best highlights are mostly defensive plays. The defensive plays cannot be predicted or anticipated; they can only show them after they occur.

Since I did have SZ with DirecTV for a few years I know from experience that most of what they show is a few seconds to a few minutes after it already occurred.

Last edited:
I guess that's subjective. ESPN does that as "look-ins" and I have always enjoyed seeing a pivotal moment or play.
Do I really want to watch the Athletics and Kansas City Royals play a whole game? No thanks. Do I want to see a particular highlight(s) of the game, sure. BTW there is MLBN for whole games in the package.
How good or bad MLBZ is really isn't what was being addressed as I said that is very subjective. The poster was saying he wants to see whole games and complaining about the $9 cost, my point is you can do that, but certainly not for $9, it's comparing two totally different things. You want whole games, get MLBTV. Looking at the whole package $9 just doesn't seem out of line, especially with the often last inning or two of many games that can be seen.
If you are an Oakland or KC fan you do.

Does Direct do it differently?
When it was their own they did. Now it is the same exact channel that everyone else gets. The only difference is that it is available under two different package options with DirecTV and only available under one package with Dish.

I am a huge fan and I do understand where you are coming from. But baseball is more of a meandering river with sudden rapids that occur out of nowhere. It is the rapids that they jump to in this station. Also, since baseball is the only sport where the defense controls the ball, the best highlights are mostly defensive plays. The defensive plays cannot be predicted or anticipated; they can only show them after they occur.

Since I did have RZ with DirecTV for a few years I know from experience that most of what they show is a few seconds to a few minutes after it already occurred.
thanks

because the entire game is supposed to be blacked out fyi you can save $9 by cruiseing the sports alt channels

No, you are assuming the whole game is supposed to be blacked out. I have seen ESPN join games in late innings when they are not broadcasting them otherwise, including the Red Sox, and it's not blacked out for me. In addition when they are broadcasting the Red Sox, and NESN is also, either ESPN has been blacked out in the past, or I get a different game, or sportscenter. BUT - if the Red Sox game goes over, I have seen it broadcast to me on ESPN. That further lends the idea there is an allotted time for the blackout.

And no, you can't cruise the sports alternate channels to get the same thing, most baseball games are not on the alternate channels. The only way to do it is to get all the RSN's, which you do with the sports package. There's a total of three baseball games on the ALT channels in my guide tonight, one tomorrow night. You just keep making things up or guessing as you did saying you will only get a minute or two of a game after blackout.

Last edited:
And no, you can't cruise the sports alternate channels to get the same thing, most games are not on the alternate channels. The only way to do it is to get all the RSN's, which you do with the sports package.
Even all the RSN's won't get you anything, as most live games are blacked out there as well, except for your own market's team(s).

Even all the RSN's won't get you anything, as most live games are blacked out there as well, except for your own market's team(s).

What I meant was after the blackout, with the package you can see the end of several games that have gone past the blackout time. As I mentioned I watched several innings of the Blue Jays just a couple of days ago. With alternates very few chances, I'm not even sure at all I don't think the alternate ever gets unblocked even in overtime. Goober is just throwing this stuff out there.... :)

What I meant was after the blackout, with the package you can see the end of several games that have gone past the blackout time. As I mentioned I watched several innings of the Blue Jays just a couple of days ago. With alternates very few chances, I'm not even sure at all I don't think the alternate ever gets unblocked even in overtime. Goober is just throwing this stuff out there.... :)
Sorry, duh...that's what we've been talking about all along...

confused

Non - Penetrating Roof Mount - Las Vegas or Phoenix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)