Mio 4K File System

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
Can anyone tell me what file system the Edison Mio 4K uses or should be using. It rejected an EXFAT formatted drive I plugged in, so I did the "initialize" process in the STB. It has been recording daily but now my Windows 11 PC won't recognize the file system it's been using. I haven't used it for a few years, but I'm sure I didn't have an issue in the past.

Can anyone tell me what file system the Edison Mio 4K uses or should be using. It rejected an EXFAT formatted drive I plugged in, so I did the "initialize" process in the STB. It has been recording daily but now my Windows 11 PC won't recognize the file system it's been using. I haven't used it for a few years, but I'm sure I didn't have an issue in the past.
Mine is NTFS, and I can access it over the network using my laptop. Map yours, and see if you can access it that way also. \\OSMIO4k\root\media

Over your LAN data is just data. The file system a device uses is a different thing. I believe E2 uses the Linux ext3 or ext4 system. Depends on the image. I'd have to try it but I think your receiver will read a fat32 formatted USB or hard drive. You can flash an image surely with that file system.
There are Windows applications that allow reading ext system storage media. Some are specific to ext3 and ext4.
A web search will turn up several. But really, using an FTP program like Filezilla will let you transfer files back and forth easy. Some will pipe in you can also simply use Windows Network browser. But really, an FTP application can be set the open your receiver's files system right where you prefer instead of poking around through the directory tree.

Very cool. If you haven't already. If you frequently want to open it and have it directed to particular directories both on the receiver and pc. In your site manager you might want to go to Advanced.
Set your Default Local Directory where your videos are (on pc). Like:
C:\Users\<your user login>\Videos (you can browse that location).
And on the receiver, first going through the directory tree in Remote site. Copy the location and paste it in Default remote directory. Ex:
/media/hdd/movie

But you already knew that.

EPG discussion on Enigma2 STB's