Mets fan looking to buy a gun.....

:( Whats sad is to think of how much promise this current group of players had at the start of the 2006 season and how much fun it was to watch the Mets last year (even with the playoff loss to Cards, which I still blame on Minaya fro not pulling the trade for Zito) and then this season until the wheels started coming off after the All-star break. It was the most fun I've had watching the Mets in many years. Considering all that's happened this month with a dang near worthless pitching staff, I guess it's time to blow up the team and start over again.

If they do, I hope they start with releasing every member of the bullpen, including Wagner!

It is ironic that the Mets finish the season with the Marlins. IF I was the Mets I would be scared out of my mind. NOT because the Marlins are some great team, they are not even good. The reason is that the Mets have dominated the Marlins all season....BUT the Marlins JUST swept the Cubs...but then again, the Marlins have completely dominated the Cubs all season....

SO which METS or which MARLINS team will show up for this series...??

The Suicide watch in New York is on.....!!!:p

LMAO....wow...I could almost see this coming....! Do NOT be surprised if the Marlins SWEEP the Mets.

Who would have thought the LOWLY Marlins ALMOST cost the Cubs the Central and JUST COST the Mets the East...?!!

As a Yankee fan who had to endure MANY MANY days and months of taunting from Met fans......he who laughs last, laughs BEST!!!!!! HAR!! HAR!!! HAR!!!

It was a great day in Philly... you'd think we just won the World Series (That said if that DOES happen I'm gonna lock my doors and hide... our city may be in shambles)

I'm sorry I have to do it

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

At least we got some small measure of revenge by watching the Giants spank the Eagles in Prime Time.....

You think McNabb was having Umenyiora nightmares while trying to sleep last night?

Bob,

I cannot believe that the Mets went out this way. I was really pulling for them to get out of their funk. I was quite surprised yesterday when it was all set and done. Very very bad way to end the season. Yesterday, the players did not even come out to say goodbye to the fans. The announcer said that it was a tradition for the Mets player to come out to show gratitude to the fans. But after the game the players did not come out. It shows how bad the feeling was in the club house.

I was told that ALL building in Gotham City have closed ALL floors or painted shut all windows to prevent jumpers....

Newday headline: "chokes on us!"
Post headline....picture of a 4 year old little boy ballin' his eyes out with headline: "crying shame"
Daily News headline: "Mets moto--> let's go home"

Things are ugly there....wow!!

hehehehe

Anybody hear from Murdoch? I would hate to see us lose a member. Don't do it Bob, it's just baseball!

Nah, it's just baseball, although a historic collapse is NOT what I wanted to talk about with the Yankee fans this offseason.....

At least last year we tied them in the regular season and won six more in the postseason (Beltran's knees buckling at the Cardinals' curveballs notwithstanding).

Now they are talking like they want Randolph's head on a stick over this. I don't think Art Howe or someone else would have done any better with a team that couldn't beat the lowly Nats or Marlins. I used to gripe that the schedule makers always gave us 9 games against the Braves at the end of the season. I was giddy when I saw the September schedule originally.

My desire to have them re-sign Glavine just dropped a tad..... Like Steve Trachsel, Frank Viola, and several other guys that killed our seasons, ....

Enjoy retirement Tom. Just because YOU think low and outside is a strike (and you KEPT getting mad when Joe West the umpire wouldn't give it to you), doesn't make it so.....

Now I have to pray that the Injuns sweep the Yanks or the Angels, who give them fits, can beat the Sox and get a crack at doing the same.... ANYTHING but a Yankee WS win.... THAT I couldn't take....

Now you know I felt in 1969.

Baseball Karma......

Cubs choke in 1969..... Mets happily accept the gift....

Phillies choke in 1964.... I forget who happily accepted it then.....

Mets choke in 2007. Phillies happily accept the gift and cash in the Baseball Karma.....

.... ANYTHING but a Yankee WS win.... THAT I couldn't take....

C'mmon Bob,

I thought you would turn the page here since the NY baseball teams have two ugly records attach to them now :D. Being from NY (or at least liking on of their baseball team) I thought you would root a little for the NY team in the playoff:D.

I did not like the unbalanced schedule before but I think the unbalanced schedule made a great impact this year in the NL. The philies never went away because they knew they had plenty of games against the Mets and man they made the best of them when it counted.

Two things contributed to the collapse..... We sucked and the Phillies played way above where they had all season... Your guys deserved to win..... The maddening thing was that we lost so many games by one run in the last month. Even the Marlins game where we were down 7 and got 6 in the ninth and came up short. unreal.....

PRAY the Padres find a way to win tonight. With 2/3 of their outfield hurt, they are your best chance to advance.....

I'm still gonna root for the Rockies, though ;)

I'll just have to try and nurse myself out of depression by thinking of that Eagles pasting last night....... We tripled our team sack count in one game I think.....

Memphis' campus closed after lineman shot to death

Rockies-Padres Playoff Game in HD on TBS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts