Mets fan looking to buy a gun.....

I know we are now wounded enough not to do anything of consequence in the postseason.....

I just don't feel like passing the 64 Phillies and 69 Cubs for worst September collapse ever....

Mets LOSE another.

What is their PROBLEM?

Let's see...starting pitching, bullpen pitching, fielding, clutch hitting after leads blown by combo of the first three items, extreme lack of confidence, etc.

It may be quicker to ask what ISN'T their problem lately? :rolleyes: Wright and Alou can't do everything themselves.

At least it's all over in three more games. :( (never thought I'd say that)

I don't think there has been a collapse like this since the former USSR. LOL :D

Let me say I'm not one to condone purchasing a gun but as a diehard Phillies phan (Thats right.. ph) it's about damn time... now if it sustains and we win the division for the first time since 93 I can direct you to a corner in the city to get that much needed firearm at a wholesale rate :p

(And just in case this post is read by a government official that is a joke... please do not send the department of Homeland Security after me.)

O my... Phils are tied in the division with three games left on the season... Mets need to win these three games which is not going to be easy going against the Marlins.

Tuesday, I went to a PTA meeting and they raffled 22 Mets Tickets for 9/30/07 (Last game of the season). I kept saying to myself that will be the last game of the season and it will be not meaningful. I took a ticket and patiently waited for my number to come up. Every number to the left/righ of my number came up except mine. I was dissapointed but did not think it will mean much. Now those tickets can mean a playoff spot for the Mets. I never thought in my wilder dream that the Mets could be in this predicament.

Let's see...starting pitching, bullpen pitching, fielding, clutch hitting after leads blown by combo of the first three items, extreme lack of confidence, etc.

It may be quicker to ask what ISN'T their problem lately? :rolleyes: Wright and Alou can't do everything themselves.

At least it's all over in three more games. :( (never thought I'd say that)

It is ironic that the Mets finish the season with the Marlins. IF I was the Mets I would be scared out of my mind. NOT because the Marlins are some great team, they are not even good. The reason is that the Mets have dominated the Marlins all season....BUT the Marlins JUST swept the Cubs...but then again, the Marlins have completely dominated the Cubs all season....

SO which METS or which MARLINS team will show up for this series...??

The Suicide watch in New York is on.....!!!:p

Front Page of Todays Newday (Long Island Newspaper)

Attachments

• lli.jpg
    lli.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 126
Well if it makes the mets fans feel better you guys only need to win 2/3 to force a playoff... we have Adam Eaton pitching tomorrow so odds are he'll give up 9-10 runs in the first two innings. We should win tonight and Sunday so as long as you guys don't truely blow you can force a playoff game... so scratch that you probably need to win 3/3 to make the playoffs (since we just LOVE playing ya's this year)

I've been a Mets fan since the late '60s, and I just have to say that the way they are playing they deserve what they get in results. They had so many games at the end of the seasaon with the bottom teams in their own division and they lost most of them.

The Phillies have won the important games, especially the ones against the Mets, and if they win they deserve it.

O my... Phils are tied in the division with three games left on the season... Mets need to win these three games which is not going to be easy going against the Marlins.

Tuesday, I went to a PTA meeting and they raffled 22 Mets Tickets for 9/30/07 (Last game of the season). I kept saying to myself that will be the last game of the season and it will be not meaningful. I took a ticket and patiently waited for my number to come up. Every number to the left/righ of my number came up except mine. I was dissapointed but did not think it will mean much. Now those tickets can mean a playoff spot for the Mets. I never thought in my wilder dream that the Mets could be in this predicament.

I was at that drawing. First prize was 2 tickets. Second prize was 4 tickets.

After 135 games, the Mets find themselves for the first time looking up to the phillies. Now Philadelphia is holding all the cards and are in control of their destiny. The Mets need the Nationals to win one of the next 2 games and the Mets need to win the next two for a playoff game on Monday. This is an amazing collapse if it happens.

It still doesn' compare with the 1964 Phillies... although it is pretty damn bad. I was wishin I had the mets game on last night as the Phillies ended first and found myself watching the damn bottom line of sports center. This could be the first time since 1993 the Phils win the NL East (and if that happens the new stadium is going to be nuts!)

Memphis' campus closed after lineman shot to death

Rockies-Padres Playoff Game in HD on TBS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts