Mets fan looking to buy a gun.....

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
That would be me....

That Marlins loss last night was the final straw. We get four runs in the top of the 9th and then give 3 back in the bottom half.... Wind up losing it in the 10th. Phils come from behind to win their game.

Delgado gone. Wagner MIA. El Duque hurt. Glavine ineffective. Bullpen comes to put out a fire with a gallon of kerosene. A collapse of historical proportions. Yankee fans gloating as they continue their surge as the Red Sox make like it's 1978 themselves.....

Even my NY Giants suck hard as well. Hockey and Basketball are of zero interest so it looks like I will lose all interest in sports until April 2008. Sigh.

That was cold, man.......

Careful with that gloating though..... The Angels lay in wait to kill another Yankee season prematurely.... Also, I seem to remember the Marlins knocking YOU guys out of the postseason before the champagne showers were suppose to happen too a few years back...

That was cold, man.......

Careful with that gloating though..... The Angels lay in wait to kill another Yankee season prematurely.... Also, I seem to remember the Marlins knocking YOU guys out of the postseason before the champagne showers were suppose to happen too a few years back...

That's the beauty of the playoffs -- no one knows what's going to happen but if you are not invited to the party, you won't be able to dance. The Mets are in a predicament. I will be shocked if they do not make it to the big dance.

After last night's debacle, I now see the collapse as inevitable. Jimmy Rollins preseason quote, the Mets unearned swagger, and Randolph's failure to jerk the rudder back to where it needs to be, have all made the baseball gods favor our meltdown.

The Yankee resurgence and Red Sox collapse just make me believe that fate hates us and loves to give Yankee fans easy fodder to ridicule us for another year.

HOW do you have 11 of your 14 last games against the 4th and 5th place teams in your division and blow a four game lead?

I wasn't this depressed even after Beltran knees buckled last year in the playoffs when he saw that curveball. At least we played well the whole season and just came up short. All of the errors and lousy pitching have shown that we don't deserve to move on. I'm just afraid that this is the kind of thing that screws up players like Reyes and Wright for years to come...

Bob,

I think that when all it is said and done the Mets will be in the playoffs. I have them actually as NL champions ahead of everyone else. Everyone else is not that good in my book compare to the Mets. However, the playoffs are a different beast. We have seen less than spectacular teams win it all so look at the bright side -- we have faith that they will be in the playoffs in a couple of weeks. Can we watch them in HD? that I do not have faith with Dish or Cablevision :D

I'm glad you think they will somehow right the ship and survive.......

Hey, I always give up prematurely when things look bleak. Now it's up to them to give me hope again...... I haven't seen any in a week.... With the Pads surging as well, I fear even the wild card will elude us.....

Wow, take it easy. It could be worse, you could be a Cubs fan. :D:D:D:D

Double whammy though.... If we had sucked all year it would be one thing, but to collapse at the end.... while the Yankees are surging makes it worse....

I guess I shouldn't have been gloating about the Yankee troubles at the beginning of the season..... The Yankee fans in my office have been brutal this week....

Wow, take it easy. It could be worse, you could be a Cubs fan. :D:D:D:D

last time i checked, the cubs were still 1.5 games ahead of the brew crew in first place.

bob, sorry and please don't buy a gun. not unless you share it with your kindred spirits in beantown!!

Yep - you know what they say about payback.

That Lucy Liu was hot in that Mel Gibson movie?

No, wait...... um, OK.....

Hey, I HAD to gloat. WHEN do I have a time where the Mets are riding high and the Yanks are falling apart.... I had to take the opportunity when it presented itself.... It may be a few years before I get to do it again.....

Unless ARod carries a purse again and does something like scream BOO during a popup, or try to bitch slap the ball out of the 1st baseman's glove when running to first....

Sigh....Even ARod is flying high again. They paid about $5 million a win for Clemens, but he'll probably wind up beaning someone else to make them go cold when batting like he did with Piazza.

Not that I'm holding a grudge or nothing..... :rolleyes:

last time i checked, the cubs were still 1.5 games ahead of the brew crew in first place.

bob, sorry and please don't buy a gun. not unless you share it with your kindred spirits in beantown!!

They will blow it, they always do.

...and how nice...Beltran just left tonight's the game injured before the rain delay. Fell trying to get a hard hit ball one the warning track and came up with knee problems.

On the bright side...rain delay means the bullpen hasn't been able to come in and blow the big lead...yet.

I blame Willie. He has misused his overworked bullpen all year. He seems to really suffer doing in game moves. He may handle his players well, but he has screwed up big time leaving pitchers in too long, bringing relievers in for a second inning, pinch hitting the wrong person, double switching out the wrong people.

When the team is winning, you don't notice this as much as you do now. You might say right now he's an EXPOSED WILLIE!!! :D

If your final two weeks is against the Nats and Fishies and you LOSE ground, you don't deserve to be there.

I've never seen a bullpen implode like ours has this year. Wagner hasn't had a save in two weeks (although he's blown a few).

I honestly thought we could take ONE from the nats worst case, and I knew the Braves would give the Phils fits as they desperately try to hold off the inevitable.

The frustrating thing is that we are ONE game off the mark for best record in the NL and ONE game away from being eliminated from the playoffs as the west has the leader in the wild card race and they are tied with us now. I've never seen a logjam like this.

I can only hope we can do to the Marlins what we did last week. Or the Yankee fans will have plenty to ridicule us for this offseason....

I can only hope we can do to the Marlins what we did last week. Or the Yankee fans will have plenty to ridicule us for this offseason....

Rest assured, my Mets fans friends gave me MORE THAN a fair share of abuse about the Yankees in April and May, even into June.

That being siad, I hope the Mets can find a way - I would LOVE a subway series!

Memphis' campus closed after lineman shot to death

Rockies-Padres Playoff Game in HD on TBS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts