Losing 1.2 setting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have 12/13 of the satellites that I view on USALS. I was using 1.2 however for Echo 3 to allow fine tuning. But I find that whenever I try to use 1.2 on another satellite, it screws up my Echo 3 setting. What am I doing wrong?

Is there some reason I can't mix and match both usals and 1.2 on the same receiver (Ultra)?

Is there some procedural mistake I might be making? I assign the new satellite a number from 1.2 that is 27 or higher. When I added a number 28 or 29, it seemed to mess up my old 27 (echo 3).

I'll tell you what I'm doing currently:

1. Find satellite using usals
2. switch to DisecQ 1.2
3. top line reads "null"
4. I nudge east / west until signal is peaked
5. Choose a number higher than 26 and one that hasn't been used previously
5. Hit save

I find I go back and enter another, and it screws up the previous 1.2. Puzzling. Good news is I don't need 1.2 for much. I just used it to fine tune Amazonas at 61.0 W and it seems to be working. It appears to be the same as what was previously stored on Echo 3 at 61.5 so I think it was my error in thinking one was the other.

tim
make sure you change the number from null or 26 to another number when you scan in another satellite
26-Echo3
27-AMC6
28-SBS
etc (this is just an example)

I use both USALS and 1.2 and it works fine :)

Hmmm I wonder if the Pansat / Fortec don't have a problem with their 1.2 handling.

Many of us with the VBOXes are complaining about the same problem. My WAG at this point is that maybe the Pansat / fortec is passing a 're-sync' vs a 'store' when you save to a previously used 1.2 position.

Whatever the problem - it's surely annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need Help with the Lnyg Sat FTA charts.

help twinhan 102g

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts