Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

DTV's APP and the other live TV streaming services do have a guide. You can't just go to the individual channel on the guide.
Yes, that does suck ...
You have to scroll thru all your channels ... then again, IF I went that way I would create a Custom Guide so all MY needed channels are at the top.

Instead of buying lottery tickets ,if one invested $20 a week into a Dow Jones index fund 40 years ago, they would have $217,453.68 today using actual historical results. They could then start drawing about $14,500 a year income without touching the principle. I taught this to my students every year and I doubt anyone but me and my wife actually did it.
My wife and I averaged $300-up a month that we put into a investment account, did that for 30 years ( the first 20 years was $300, 10 years was $500 a month).

Was able to first retire at 52 years old because of that, while I went back to work almost 2 years ago, it was not because of money, but I am now, hopefully, fully retired at 57, gave my notice 3 weeks ago.

My wife and I averaged $300-up a month that we put into a investment account, did that for 30 years ( the first 20 years was $300, 10 years was $500 a month).

Was able to first retire at 52 years old because of that, while I went back to work almost 2 years ago, it was not because of money, but I am now, hopefully, fully retired at 57, gave my notice 3 weeks ago.
CONGRATULATIONS BRUCE! :clapping

Some years ago at a retirement party, the lottery topic came up when one of the gifts was $100 worth of scratch offs. Somebody asked the group if anyone had ever won anything. A few people mention winning $20-$50 on scratch offs, but one fellow said the lottery now puts over $1,000 a year in his pocket. When he was asked how that works, he just said "I quit buying tickets."

Some years ago at a retirement party, the lottery topic came up when one of the gifts was $100 worth of scratch offs. Somebody asked the group if anyone had ever won anything. A few people mention winning $20-$50 on scratch offs, but one fellow said the lottery now puts over $1,000 a year in his pocket. When he was asked how that works, he just said "I quit buying tickets."
I have a friend of mine that bought the neighbor kid 27 scratch off lottery tickets for his 27th birthday, he won $75 ...

Last edited:
One bummer result is we will no longer see the customer numbers and subscriber and operating details when the deal closes.

Echostar DBS will be private like Directv with no more SEC filings.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Which hub for Hopper 3 Joey Setup

OTA Adapter Questions