Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

As I said in a previous post…I did not know he was retired from AT&T. I thought he was talking about getting a discount from DIRECTV for just being retired (from anywhere) and I had never heard of DIRECTV giving a discount for being retired…sort of like a senior discount. So yes, I now understand it was an AT&T retiree discount because he retired from AT&T.
i know dish has a senior discount. not sure what it is though. direct never did have a senior discount though they said there working on one. i will belive it when i see it. though all the subs will more than likely be better off calling in and threatening to cancel and complaining!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
First I need to hit powerball. :D
Do you even play? I ask because we all say that too but I am too cheap to waste my money on gambling. I call it the "Stupid TAX" because it seems only the people that are barely making it financially play lottery.

We had a poor black cleaning woman named Sharon on the site I last worked at back in 2021 and she would waste $20.00 a week on lottery tickets and barely ever win anything. She complained about how hard it was to pay for everything and she took out pay day loans every month that costed her finance charges on top of it. I told her this is why you are broke all the time. She said: "Oh no, winning the lottery is my retirement someday." Needless to say she is till working at her low paid job, because she can't afford to retire. She was like in her 70s. She never saved any money during life and placed most of it on finance charges and lottery tickets.

I think many men a certain age wish it was called Disherect. Even take little blue pills for it. :biggrin

This is a business opportunity! Call 800-333-DISH today for the new Disherect package! Complete with blue pills and a TV package sure to get a rise out of you!

Last edited:
I was reading this earlier, wonder how this gona really effect customer in the end. long as I continue to get my discounts i been getting to keep the bill low, it wont mater much but if pricing gets worse or can no longer get those discount among many other thing. it might be time to drop em

I wonder about the Bally RSN carriage agreements? DirectTV was one of the few that still had Bally on their system. It would be nice to get that back...

I worked 43.5 years before I quit at the end of 2021 at 59 and a half years. Age 16 to 59.5. Just collected my first social security check this month at age 62. So two pension checks of mine + one pension check of my wife and my social security. Two more years she will collect her social security. We own our house and car and no debt.

I worked at Safeway for 12 years as a kid and got a small union pension. I worked at various grocery stores in management and retail and restaurants management and convenience store management for three years. Then worked 17 and a half years at TDCJ state prison system and got a state pension I have been collecting since 2011 and worked private security the last 11 years.

I am in such better shape now that I go to the Ymca every day and work out with weights and cardio. Also sleep better now and go to bed by 10pm every night and up by 6:30am. When I was working two jobs there for about 3 years there I was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep. Love RETIREMENT. :biggrin
That's what I'm hoping/planning on. 3.5 more years to hit 59.5 and then fully retire. My current largest contract will be up for renewal then. Find someone to buy me out of my business and then enjoy some hobbies. My business is great and I barely work half days now. Just the monotony of having to be around and sitting at the desk is getting old now. Will be nice to let someone else worry about the book keeping and database upkeep.

Hopper 382