Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

Whoops thats not the interview.
A good deal of useful info though.
article said:
As part of the two-step transaction, DirecTV will pay $1 to buy the pay-TV business called Dish DBS that includes Dish and Sling TV, while agreeing to assume about $9.75 billion of Dish’s debt, the companies said in a statement. Dish and DirecTV are launching an exchange offer at a discounted rate for the debt to help extend the maturities.

For the deal to go through, Dish DBS debtholders will have to agree to take a haircut on the debt by about $1.57 billion. With the exchange offer, Dish is attempting to convince its bondholders to become holders in the merged entity.

The deal will provide a crucial lifeline to EchoStar, which was co-founded by telecommunications entrepreneur Charlie Ergen and is currently saddled with more than $20 billion in debt. EchoStar will receive $2.5 billion of financing from buyout firm TPG’s credit unit Angelo Gordon and DirecTV to help pay off Dish’s $2 billion bond that is due in November.

EchoStar said the deal will help cut its total consolidated debt by $11.7 billion and reduce its refinancing needs through 2026 by $6.7 billion.
They cut their debt in half, but if I read things correctly, their revenue by 75%. Their retail wireless is in the billions, and that needs to grow, fast.

What is interesting is their deployment costs are about the same as the wireless revenue. If they can just turn on that spigot, Boost can work.

A good deal of useful info though.
They cut their debt in half, but if I read things correctly, their revenue by 75%. Their retail wireless is in the billions, and that needs to grow, fast.

What is interesting is their deployment costs are about the same as the wireless revenue. If they can just turn on that spigot, Boost can work.
They need to prove that they can sell the service, since they have taken Boost over, have tried multiple marketing attempts and have lost almost 2 Million subs.

Even if they get any traction, the big three will snuff them right out with deals of their own.

General Motors will now be offering a three-year SiriusXM Extended Service Subscription as an option on all of its 2025 model-year vehicles.

Just bought my wife a 2025 Chevy Blazer. She had the $99 for 3 year deal in her prior. Wasn't able to transfer. Instead, received a refund for the remaining service contract. Paid the diff to equal $99. 3 year will start up again, after the 3 month free trial.

Come on Juan, I know your power, just unplug it and plug it back in please. :D :D
IMG_1222.gif

Current (unofficial) word I am getting is after the merger is completed (more than a year away) both companies will still operate independently.

Echostar will still be making receivers for DISH (and Bell and others) and may also be making receivers for DIRECTV as well.
Well heck. I would have offered like...$5

That seemed like a prerequisite. I'm also curious how much debt Ergen gets out of it.

Sale price? Looks like $1 (shared link). So, TPG is getting Dish for nothing.

The debt appears to be $2.5 billion in financing.

It appears Ergen is dumping Dish to save the Boost maneuver. Based on the debt issues, it appears he had no options but to do this.

So it becomes operation make Boost profitable enough to become a player... as fast as they can cause they need the revenue.
Not mentioned is the fate of Hughes. Is that business included in this deal?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Current (unofficial) word I am getting is after the merger is completed (more than a year away) both companies will still operate independently.

Echostar will still be making receivers for DISH (and Bell and others) and may also be making receivers for DIRECTV as well.
This is the mother of all Gentlemen Agreements. TPG is helping Echostar finance a $2ish billion bond deal, about one year before the ink even goes on the paper.

Reactions: charlesrshell

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?

EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 106, Members: 16, Guests: 90)