Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

Except DirecTV’s two online options, Stream/by Internet, only has 1.5 Million subs combined, Sling has more at 2 Million, Hulu Live 4 Million, YTTV at 8 Million subs.

Yes because they can keep what they have. Especially older subscribers don't like to change and that makes up a good portion of satellite subs, except for the business end of it. If there is no more Direct TV satellite that is the question of what will happen, and they will have a choice and still keep a very similar way to watch TV with different equipment... Or they can stream.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Now for the most important question as this deal closes. Does Satelliteguys combine the forums? ;)
If they combine systems, then we combine. But only when they combine.

I am hearing (not verified) that Echostar will continue to make and support the receivers. From what I know DIRECTV has no R&D department working on satellite receivers anymore. Which is good as the DISH receivers are light years ahead of what DIRECTV has.

One of my questions I'll be asking, when the time comes is what happens to Dish's partnerships and other ventures with, like Google, ADT, and others plus Ontech. What happens with our Onsite Sales?? Those are revenue streams if DTV keeps them intact

One of my questions I'll be asking, when the time comes is what happens to Dish's partnerships and other ventures with, like Google, ADT, and others plus Ontech. What happens with our Onsite Sales?? Those are revenue streams if DTV keeps them intact
I think we will get some of those answers at 10:30 on the CNBC interview. But I am told (again not verified) that things will be run as separate as they are now. Sounding like at least for a few years we may not see many changes at all.

I think we will get some of those answers at 10:30 on the CNBC interview. But I am told (again not verified) that things will be run as separate as they are now. Sounding like at least for a few years we may not see many changes at all.
That's what I told my guys, that the article gives til Q4 2025 to close. And that customers are going to be pounding them with questions

Let's see now ...
Dish was sold to ATT which was sold to TPG

So, TPG now owns Dish and Directv
=======================================

How is Echostar still involved if thier baby (Dish) was sold ?

I am hearing (not verified) that Echostar will continue to make and support the receivers. From what I know DIRECTV has no R&D department working on satellite receivers anymore. Which is good as the DISH receivers are light years ahead of what DIRECTV has.
I was wondering how the merger would affect Bell Satellite TV / ExpressVu's equipment, but it sounds like there will be no change to refurbished DISH hardware going north of the border.

I wonder how long Rogers Robbers will keep Shaw Direct / Star Choice going at this point.

Let's see now ...
Dish was sold to ATT which was sold to TPG

So, TPG now owns Dish and Directv
=======================================

How is Echostar still involved if thier baby (Dish) was sold ?
Better question, I heard a rumor that TPS is a major stakeholder in Echostar.

can't create OTA recording when out of home using DA