looking 95 sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jb2000

Original poster
Oct 23, 2004
Hi ,everybody i had sbtn ( vietnamese channel) at home .But i go to the lake some time ,so i just want to set up for channel 2072 ( sbtn ) at 95 satellite only at the lake .i know i need 36 in dish and ku lnb still can not get it set up when i go to menu set up i only see 101,110,119 .How to to find it in the set up guide.Thanks for any help.

i don't know much about internation channels but maybe the box you are using doesn't have the update for the 95 sat. Did u ever use that box with the 95 before

also what model reciever is it?

Yes it is brand new d10 directv install 3 weeks ago it is working at home for all 101,110, 119.and 95.buy i just want to try only 95 sat at the lake for sbtn but can not set it up.

Thank you guys but if you hook the 101 sat and 95 sat so what is the switch we have to use for the 2 sats.Plus what is the tool to look for the 95 sat since it is not shown on satellite menu set up? the 101 is no problem at all but 95 has no signal meter.

boba said:
You will have to set it up to receive 101 plus 95 you can't set it for just 95.

Yes it is brand new d10 directv install 3 weeks ago it is working at home for all 101,110, 119.and 95.buy i just want to try only 95 sat at the lake for sbtn but can not set it up.

Get your dish setup and working on 101 ,find a tp on 101 that is not active,NEXT setup your dish for 95 and get it close to settings for your area
Put the line from the 95 dish straight into your D-10 (by passing your switch )and go to signal screen on 101 and use the inactive tp number ,tweak and peak your 95 dish ,once you have it set hook everything back up through your switch ,do auto config,go to signal screen and you should see 95 in there.
Reboot the D-10 and you should be in business

jb2000, welcome to Satelliteguys! We are glad you are here. I hope you find the answers to your questions. If your questions remain unanswered please let us know so we can be of assistance.....

Thank you for the help i will try sometime tonight ,but what is the multiswitch you think i should use for 101 and 95 ? Thanks again
By the way do you think i am able to pick 95 sat with the 30 in dish or i have to have 36 in with ku lnbv ?

jb2000
you can pick up 95 with a 30" dish. I have a 30" dish for free to air and can pick up Galaxy 3C (95) no problem

jb2000 said:
Thank you for the help i will try sometime tonight ,but what is the multiswitch you think i should use for 101 and 95 ? Thanks again
By the way do you think i am able to pick 95 sat with the 30 in dish or i have to have 36 in with ku lnbv ?

You should be able to get 95 on an 18 in basic DTV dish.? ?
Although i am not positive about this one as have never worked with 95

Should be someone chiming in to let you know for sure !

You will need a 4x4 like you have at home for your local set-up.

NO
Since 95 is KU band, you need at least a 30" dish and KU band LNBF

Thanxx Ice for clearing that up.
I wasnt aware of this programming he is after, should have imagined that it was Ku..

VOOMER said:
NO
Since 95 is KU band, you need at least a 30" dish and KU band LNBF

Thanxx Ice for clearing that up.
I wasnt aware of this programming he is after, should have imagined that it was Ku..

DBS is also KU Band. 95 is just little low power so you need bigger dish and linear LNB instead of circular used on DBS satellites.

CKNA said:
DBS is also KU Band. 95 is just little low power so you need bigger dish and linear LNB instead of circular used on DBS satellites.

most of us consider DBS as something that needs a 18,20,24" dish

KU band is 30" minimum and a different LNB :)

95 sat

Thank you guys but still can not get 95 sat on my new d10 I did like VOOMBER said ,i lookl for tp 28 that the only INACTIVE in 101 sat ,then go from there with 30 in and ku lnb last night still no luck .need more PLEASE.Thanks for any kind...I kown there 4 receivers working at my home ,but need one set up down trailer on the lake.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Samsung 360 or RCA 210

Have a Multi-switch Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)