looking 95 sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dont know if 95 will work like the others due to the equipment used for 95 sat.

Perhaps Iceberg or one of the others can help more on getting your 95 set-up to work for you..

Iceberg said:
most of us consider DBS as something that needs a 18,20,24" dish

KU band is 30" minimum and a different LNB :)

Actually new KU Band satellites are high power and you can use 24" dish. That is what Globecast uses for their programming on IA5 at 97 degrees.

VOOMER said:
Dont know if 95 will work like the others due to the equipment used for 95 sat.

Perhaps Iceberg or one of the others can help more on getting your 95 set-up to work for you..

I just looked up Galaxy 3 at 95 degrees. D* uses circular polarity on all of their transponders. That means regular DBS LNB will work. Right now it is mostly D* Brazil and Latin America, but there are some empty transponders that they probably will use for more international channels besides tp15 used now.

Here is the link http://www.lyngsat.com/g3c.html

jb2000 said:
Thank you guys but if you hook the 101 sat and 95 sat so what is the switch we have to use for the 2 sats.Plus what is the tool to look for the 95 sat since it is not shown on satellite menu set up? the 101 is no problem at all but 95 has no signal meter.

Couple of things. Unless you are super good at locating sats, then you need a BirdDog. Being that 97 is close to 95, you may be picking it up. Next, you need to look for the following transponders to be working 1, 7, 15, 22. Presently, 1 is being used. ;)

sat 95

thank you for any help.but i still can not get 95 SATELLITE SIGNAL METER in to the sat set up.So how to to locate it .without the PRO SAT FINDER.

Iceberg said:
jb2000
you can pick up 95 with a 30" dish. I have a 30" dish for free to air and can pick up Galaxy 3C (95) no problem

Hi iceberg,

What receiver you used to pick up the Galaxy 3C ?

I guess not the FTA receiver, am I right ?

The reason I ask is because I think DirecTV used to use RHCP/LHCP, while the 95 is V/H. So to pick up 95, probably you have to use a new receiver which can handle both RHCP/LHCP and V/H (???)

Thanks,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Samsung 360 or RCA 210

Have a Multi-switch Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)