Long time DTV customer just moved to Plano.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

im timmy

Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Plano, TX.
Problem, Can I get a Directv signal by pointing S.W. or does it have to go straight south? Just moved and my balcony faces west. Tech came out yesterday and told me I wouldn't be able to receive a signal, tells me it has to go straight south. I see a neighbor pointing S.W. with DISH NETWORK but don't want to give up DTV if I don't have to. When I lived in IL. we went S.W. for the signal. What are my option's? Doe's Dish compare to DTV? I love the DTV sat. box, customer service etc. Read a few reviews on Verizon FIOS yesterday, not many good ones. U-verse not available in my area, will never want to touch Time Warner again. Oh man I need a signal.

First off, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

The Dish satellites are in a different location than the Directv ones, hence the different direction they point in. In Texas, the 101 satellite is close to due south. If you want hd, then you have to be able to see 99 and 103 which flank 101. If you go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and put in your address, it will show you a map of your area and show the line of sight you need to see the satellites. Let us know how it goes.

Problem, Can I get a Directv signal by pointing S.W. or does it have to go straight south? Just moved and my balcony faces west. Tech came out yesterday and told me I wouldn't be able to receive a signal, tells me it has to go straight south. I see a neighbor pointing S.W. with DISH NETWORK but don't want to give up DTV if I don't have to. When I lived in IL. we went S.W. for the signal. What are my option's? Doe's Dish compare to DTV? I love the DTV sat. box, customer service etc. Read a few reviews on Verizon FIOS yesterday, not many good ones. U-verse not available in my area, will never want to touch Time Warner again. Oh man I need a signal.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Irving, just down the road from you. As Chip said, the dish direction is almost due south from our location. I have the SL5 and it's slightly tilted to the west but very small distance from facing south.

FIOS is available in a lot of the surrounding suburbs of Dallas but as a sports guy, it's not been a consideration for me. I have FIOS 'net and phone svs and I like the 'net speed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New sub ?

Paying for DNS channels 390-399??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts