locals w/o dish 500?

stumpjumper

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I have an old model 2700 that I want to get locals on. In this market they're on sat 119 I don't know which transponder. Is it possible to get them with this receiver?

I've got the software update, but the dish phone-bots say that dish500 is req'd. How can I find out if they're right ? I don't see the locals listed on the guide; can I just order them and see what happens?

stumpjumper said:
I've got the software update, but the dish phone-bots say that dish500 is req'd. How can I find out if they're right ? I don't see the locals listed on the guide; can I just order them and see what happens?

What is your DMA? As long as you can confirm your DMA is on 119, you'll be fine.

Oh ! My locals are from Portland, OR and I know that they are on sat 119 transponder 81. That sat is the one I lock onto for my programming, which is why I questioned whether a dish500 system is really required in my case.

stumpjumper said:
until you sub to them you won't see them I believe..If the first line csr's are not helpful try the techs...

stumpjumper said:
Oh ! My locals are from Portland, OR and I know that they are on sat 119 transponder 81. That sat is the one I lock onto for my programming, which is why I questioned whether a dish500 system is really required in my case.

They are on 119 but I don't believe Echostar 7 has 81 transponders on it. According to Tony's chart, they are on transponder 1, spotbeam 3.

Okey-doke.

And the answer is ....

Yes. I paid the price and there they are. This begs the question of why the heck dish doesn't just say so. Are they trying to force dish 500 sales?

stumpjumper said:
Okey-doke.

And the answer is ....

Yes. I paid the price and there they are. This begs the question of why the heck dish doesn't just say so. Are they trying to force dish 500 sales?
No - they're just clueless. ANYTHING on 110 or 119 "requires Dish500".

Just curious - why are you resisting getting one? they're cheap enough.

New Dish Network Privacy Policy

811 and 522 on the same television

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)