Local channels only working on some receivers?

dilkidkhan

Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Alabama
I am having a hard time figuring out why my local channels on 110 arent showing up on the program guide on a few receivers and are working on the rest. I have a total of 14 receivers and only about 6 are working. All are 311 model receivers and are hooked up to 119 and 110 with Quad LNB through DP-34 switches. I just bought all these receivers, some used and some new and it seems like the newer ones are the ones that are working alright. Which doesnt make sense because the software is updated on all the receivers, they all show X439. Also, I even tried to plug some in thru phone jack and update the smart card with same problem.

Satellite 110 offers extra channels besides local which I do see on all the receivers so I know I have a good signal on 110. My DP-34 switches are all hooked up right I think and I have tried everything from checking switch to resetting the receivers. The only thing I have noticed is that the spotbeam or transponder on all 6 that are working are automatically going to spotbeam 04 and the others are on transponder 14. I tried to manually adjust the spotbeam to 4 and it works but I know it isnt saving because when I go back to point dish it is always on transponder 14. Is there a way to save the spotbeams so it stays put every time?

I have also tried swapping the receiver output on the switches where I knew which receivers works with one that doesnt and that didnt work. I have already called Dish and went thru their trouble shooting and they ending up suggesting I go thru local retailer. Before I spend my money, any ideas?

My DP-34 switch has
1 - satellite:119 - polarity:all - device:quad
2 - satellite:110 - polarity:all - device:quad

Last edited:
You can't select and store transponders, the receiver selects the transponder.

If the receiver is not selecting the spotbeam transponder it probably means it is not authorized to receive that channel.
How are you authorized for 14 receivers DISH has had a limit of 6 per account? If you have 6 working that would correspond to the number on one account.

I have a commercial account and I double checked with Dish and my billing statement, I am paying for local channels for all my receivers. When I called them, they also reauthorized the receivers/smart cards with same problem. I've been searching online and most posts have to do with signal not strong enough (I am getting about 50) but if 1 of the working receivers in the DP-34 switch has enough signal, why wont the one next to it have the same signal strength? All 14 are coming from the same Quad LNB. So I don't know where to go.

Last edited:
50 is a good signal on DISH's new signal meter. Unless your DP34 has problems you should see similar signal strengths on the same transponder from one output to another. They will not be exact due to cables but they should be similar.

I still say if it is not seeing the spotbeams it is probably an authorization issue.

are the switches set up in 2 sets of 2? if you are running 4 DP34s together it will cause problems, 3 in a row is max

It could also be just one bad connection or port on one switch

Tivo Time Warp Patent is Valid according to PTO

Come back to Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)