Live bandscan

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I am interested in starting up my live bandscan for Rabbitears again, but the script requires an "always on PC." Currently the only PC I own is my laptop, and it goes to work with me almost every day. Does anyone know of another solution? Like perhaps a mini PC or something else that is capable of running the script? Preferably something that doesn't draw a lot of power and won't run up my electric bill. Any help is appreciated!

I am interested in starting up my live bandscan for Rabbitears again, but the script requires an "always on PC." Currently the only PC I own is my laptop, and it goes to work with me almost every day. Does anyone know of another solution? Like perhaps a mini PC or something else that is capable of running the script? Preferably something that doesn't draw a lot of power and won't run up my electric bill. Any help is appreciated!
A Raspberry Pi is the perfect solution.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I use a 2016-vintage Dell laptop. Originally with Windows 10 but then I reloaded it with Debian. Windows Update was taking half a day on its pokey N3700 processor and some update made its WiFi adapter unreliable. It's been trouble free with Linux.

You can find decent refurb laptops, most with Windows if you prefer to stick with that, for under $200 at the big box store and manufacturer websites.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Will Me TV Toons survive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)