Latest Wally Update Broke Assistant

Hotrodr

Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
When this new Wally update came in my assistant acted like it had never been used before and now I can't set it back up. Dish is not listed in my Home app any more and when I tell the Wally to give me an activation code for it it says it can't reach the server. I've completely uninstalled Home and set it back up and Dish is still not listed in the device section. Years ago I originally set this up through the assistant app and it worked perfect till now. My Wally is still listed in the assistant app but says it's disconnected and it can not be deleted. This happen to anyone else? Any cure?

When this new Wally update came in my assistant acted like it had never been used before and now I can't set it back up. Dish is not listed in my Home app any more and when I tell the Wally to give me an activation code for it it says it can't reach the server. I've completely uninstalled Home and set it back up and Dish is still not listed in the device section. Years ago I originally set this up through the assistant app and it worked perfect till now. My Wally is still listed in the assistant app but says it's disconnected and it can not be deleted. This happen to anyone else? Any cure?
They just did an update to the Voice Command as far as how it searches. When I log in and pull up the update, I'll give you the specifics.

Hopper Plus, Joey 4, and Wireless Joey 4 are now the only receivers with the ability to use Google Assistant.

And someone needs to update this as it would be misleading and false advertising:

1719265494951.png

The URL you linked is in the process of being updated.
Yes but remember lots of people got DISH and the 54 remotes for the Google Assistant feature which is what counts even if the URL was updated as that happened before the URL was updated which means there would be angry customers and another way for DISH to lose customers as the objective is to retain existing customers and also gain new ones, plus potential class action lawsuits.

Also, while DISH can change anything on it's own website, what it can't change are the inifinite news sources including official press releases:

This includes the Form 10-K filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission which investors will not be happy about when the profits go down because of loss revenue which can cause class action lawsuits from the investors:
1719268502937.png

Last edited:
i wonder if the real reason for why Dish is phasing this out for Hoppers now built with the AndroidTV based OS is the possibility of that the Hopper's Google Assistant were built on Manifest V2 based software and Manifest V2 is being phased out for Manifest V3.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
i wonder if the real reason for why Dish is phasing this out for Hoppers now built with the AndroidTV based OS is the possibility of that the Hopper's Google Assistant were built on Manifest V2 based software and Manifest V2 is being phased out for Manifest V3.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Could be, who knows but all I know is for those of us on Joey 4, Wireless Joey 4 and Hopper Pluses, it can disappear soon as a feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Trouble with OTA lately

Dish decided I needed to record Orphan Black: Echoes.