Knicks owner rips NBA for killing RSNs

And to a point he is correct. With these new media deals having exclusive national games every day of the week between NBC, ESPN, ABC, Peacock, Amazon does mean that the RSN's lose out on games. I don't know the exact number of games, but previously if the number of national games exceeded a certain number, the games would be blacked out on ESPN or TNT and you had to watch on your local RSN. And all national NBA TV games would be blacked out in the local market and you had to watch on your RSN. This deal does away with that and takes away from the RSN's and makes more national games through the streaming entities.

Dolan can hardly be trusted to make an objective statement on anything. he's one of the worst team owners in sports. and he's only saying this because owns MSGN and is getting that money on both ends.

he's only right insofar that you happen to be a team in one of the like 5 markets where the RSN isn't dead or in the process of dying. NY is probably the strongest RSN market with the team owned MSG and YES. I think this is the only reason the remaining NBC ones are surviving - they are all owned by a JV between NBC and a local team, unless I am mistaken.

So unless you are a team that part owns one of like 5 of the 25 or whatever remaining RSNs, you're gonna have a bad time. You do you Jimmy

For MSG Entertainment-

Fiscal 2024 third quarter operating income of $16.8 million decreased $7.9 million, or 32%, and adjusted operating income of $38.5 million decreased $11.6 million, or 23%, both as compared to the prior year quarter.

Sling to air All Star Game in 4K

Comcast NBA deal