Bally Sports RSNs Are Reportedly Preparing For Bankruptcy

That can't help their situation...I didn't expect this to happen - I thought Amazon would be more involved now that they have their own NBA rights.

From the article-

"after passing a major pay TV carriage hurdle with Comcast late last month, it appears Diamond now has what it needs to finally emerge from Chapter 11 restructuring, regardless of Amazon's decision."

That can't help their situation...I didn't expect this to happen - I thought Amazon would be more involved now that they have their own NBA rights.
nah Amazon's play was always to get first dibs on the carcass (and a chunk of YES Network). I suspect Amazon knows something we don't; probably that Diamond is going to sell its share of YES to the Yankees or something.

How is this different than Venu? Other than it maybe costing a few bucks more, cable is stuck forcing me to pay for them in a package.

How is this different than Venu? Other than it maybe costing a few bucks more, cable is stuck forcing me to pay for them in a package.
Until MLB gets rid of their lame blackout rules, it probably won't matter too much. I live in Iowa and I am a Red Sox fan and my wife is a Guardians fan. In Iowa my "home" teams are the Royals, Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, and Cardinals. Since I have YTTV, the only RSN I have is NBCS Chicago (which will no longer have the White Sox after this season) so any time either of our teams plays one of those teams, I cannot watch even though the games are not available OTA and the teams are several hundred miles away.
It's so stupid; I am willing to pay to watch my team but no baseball for you!

Until MLB gets rid of their lame blackout rules, it probably won't matter too much. I live in Iowa and I am a Red Sox fan and my wife is a Guardians fan. In Iowa my "home" teams are the Royals, Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, and Cardinals. Since I have YTTV, the only RSN I have is NBCS Chicago (which will no longer have the White Sox after this season) so any time either of our teams plays one of those teams, I cannot watch even though the games are not available OTA and the teams are several hundred miles away.
It's so stupid; I am willing to pay to watch my team but no baseball for you!
I agree, I watch the Astros and live in the Detroit Market I watch on D* MLB EI at the moment, so I do have the RSN's available to me ... the Only time I watch the Local RSN's are when the Astros are playing them, and I can't watch the Home Team broadcast (Astros) I have to listen to the Local RSN feed, even thou, the EI package gives you the option of which one to watch.

I actually watch the Astros on 674, which it the Astros RSN, which is the same feed, but I know every day what channel it will be on this way.

The fact that I have to go to the other RSN to watch the "Local" feed is ridiculous ...

I feel if you Pay for the package to get your Teams Games, you should get them ALL ...

Same with the NFL ...

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Traditional Providers Losses, 2nd Quarter 2024 Edition

Replacing Dish Network Options?