Just moved & need some advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carmat3

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
I had cable at the old place and didn't have any issues connecting two digital boxes from comcast to 2 Huppauge TV cards, running under sageTV. I want to sing up for DirecTV "Opcion Extra Especial" spanish package. $33.99.

I called Directv to find out what receivers they would send out if I signed up through them, but the CSR said that they cant say what receivers they ship and is usually based on location.(I'm now in Santa Monica CA.).

I want the installer to hook up 2 of the receivers to my HTPC, and the third directly to the TV, and activate the boxes.

I would like a dual tuner box to save the 4.99 on the third box.

I m not interested in a TIVO since I already have a box that can do all that.

I want suggestions on what receivers I should get.

If I get the spanish programing package I mentioned, will I be able to switch to "Total Choice Plus" later with out any problems. Is the dish going to be pointing a different satellite?

Are the local channels included in the price of 33.99?

What is the best deal currently.

I've been looking into this for about a week, and I was originally going to order DIsh, but my Dad and a Co-worker who both had dish in the past, and are now on Directv, convinced me to go for Directv.

Thank you
:confused: ;)

carmat3 said:
I had cable at the old place and didn't have any issues connecting two digital boxes from comcast to 2 Huppauge TV cards, running under sageTV. I want to sing up for DirecTV "Opcion Extra Especial" spanish package. $33.99.

I called Directv to find out what receivers they would send out if I signed up through them, but the CSR said that they cant say what receivers they ship and is usually based on location.(I'm now in Santa Monica CA.).

I want the installer to hook up 2 of the receivers to my HTPC, and the third directly to the TV, and activate the boxes.

I would like a dual tuner box to save the 4.99 on the third box.

I m not interested in a TIVO since I already have a box that can do all that.

I want suggestions on what receivers I should get.

If I get the spanish programing package I mentioned, will I be able to switch to "Total Choice Plus" later with out any problems. Is the dish going to be pointing a different satellite?

Are the local channels included in the price of 33.99?

What is the best deal currently.

I've been looking into this for about a week, and I was originally going to order DIsh, but my Dad and a Co-worker who both had dish in the past, and are now on Directv, convinced me to go for Directv.

Thank you
:confused: ;)
The only dual tuner boxes Directv has are TiVo and they only have single outputs so you will need 3 receivers which is $9.98 in mirroring fees. No the local channels are not included in the $33.99 price it is $38.99 with locals at that price you are better off with Opcion Ultra Especial at $39.99 with locals which contains most of the TC plus package. As far as receivers Directv will give you three basic receivers as a new customer. They will probably be Directv D-10 receivers as these are the only receivers currently in production. There are still some "old" Samsung 300 and Hughes HBH receivers still in the distribution chain. Many of us dealers prefer the "old" receivers but they all work and are under warranty. Total Choice Plus comes from the 101 satellite Directv's main satellite. The Para Todos requires a Phase 3 dish so you will get a dish for 101,110&119, you will be all set . :)

I guess there is no problem activating the boxes, as long as they are plugged into a phone line.

I guess my question is, will the installer have an issue with requesting to plug it into the computer?

The spanish package seems like a good deal, it offer alot of the english channels I want at a small savings. Im a spanish speaker but only watch spanigh tv occasionally, and was looking at saving a few dollars with the spanish package.

¡Recepción a Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I hope I got that right. :) It's been a while since I took Spanish class.

The installer shouldn't have a problem hooking it up to a TV card on your computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Overscan Issue?

Please Complain to Directv about the RCA DTC210 Line Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts