Just HD Channels

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Can I just order from DISHNetowrk just HD Channels or do I have to order the minimum basic package plus HD?

Does anyone know what is the cheapest package Dish carries. Thanks for everyones help

If you are not in a programming commitment or leasing......You can get just the HD programming plus an additional $5 access fee.

Another example of how Dish Network is truly a better deal than DTV.

ok my contract expired several months ago, but I still lease the receivers. So you are saying I have to return everything and buy a reciever just for HD and all i do is pay for HD channels?

I own and I pay:
DISH Network DVR Service Fee.....4.98
Access Fee...............................5.00
DISH Network HD Package...........9.99
Voom Original............................5.00
...........................................$24.97
If you don't have a DVR, it would be $4.98 less.....

Al

voomvoom said:
I own and I pay:
DISH Network DVR Service Fee.....4.98
Access Fee...............................5.00
DISH Network HD Package...........9.99
Voom Original............................5.00
...........................................$24.97
If you don't have a DVR, it would be $4.98 less.....

Al

Ok so when I call DIsh, I tell them I just want HD service, Is there anything specific I need to tell them? $20 to get Dish's HD channels and nothing else is not bad at all, I can do that. Let me know thanks

Going from Voom to Dish (HD only)

I subscribed to VOOM mostly because we enjoyed La Liga soccer games. I'd like to also sign up for the HiDef signal only version of Dish. Will some one please correct me if I've got it wrong. As I understand it if one wants to record HDTV signals for later playback one has two options. 1. get a HD receiver that has live s-video outputs and record in SD (this option would not require buying anything from Dish or signing up for the Dish HD DVR combo deal) OR 2. buy the 942 and then pay the $24 like VoomVoom is doing (this requires buying the 942 but if one wants to time shift La Liga games in HiDef one has no choice but to buy the 942 no matter what package one signs up for). Have I got this approximately straight????

Will I have to pay Dish to come out and install their transponder in the Voom dish? Or can the voom dish be used as is/was?

Thanks for you insights and experiences

Welcome to Satellite guys GFS and elloco07! :) Most likely (depeding on your setup) you will have to pay dish for them to come out and put up there own dish... See adding 61.5 by doing a search and that should help you out.

I had just the Dish HD Pack when Voom was functioning, but since their demise, I've picked up the Voom10, Showtime and the Encore Pack. I like mostly movies so this combo suits me quite well. About the only thing I miss is Sci-Fi and some Discovery channels.

Dish has a major problem

Dish Rebate Scam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)