Just got the VIP 722 - can I watch live TV while recording something else?

Ah, but if you run an HDMI or component cable to TV2 you can watch HD at that TV as well, but only what is showing on TV1..... If you use component, you must also run audio...

If you go that route, it is best to use component for the local tv and hdmi extension for the remote (tv2).

And to make it more complex you can add a sling player to the 722 and watch recordings and live tv remotely you simply have to .............. :)

Ah, I thought I was keeping it simple.

There are situations where which tuner you use matters. You might never come across such a situation. I strongly recommend that we refer to TV1 and TV2 as outputs, which is what they are and are so labeled. We can also refer to tuner 1 and tuner 2.

Don't overthink this. Just dive in, in single mode at first if possible, and you'll understand fairly quickly. Yes, when you shift to dual mode you may have a surprise or two down the road, but you'll be better prepared at that point.

It's a great piece of equipment.

Agreed, Start setting recordings like crazy! I do not watch 1/2 of what I record. Get an antenna and hook up your OTA, Once you can record 3 shows at once you can keep the conflicts of record/live/watch to a minimum!

Sorry, disagree with your disagree, hdmi carries video and audio and works fine at 50 feet. 50 feet of component and audio is a lot of thick cable to run

Sorry, disagree with your disagree, hdmi carries video and audio and works fine at 50 feet. 50 feet of component and audio is a lot of thick cable to run

Perhaps, but longer runs, not without a powered splitter..

Monthly Service Plan-Worth the $6?

superdish and a vip722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)