Is what Directvtelling me correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markero

Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
Mississippi
I have a 5 lnb Slimline at my house in Madison,Ms. 200 miles away in Bay St. Louis,Ms.,I have an RV at my lot where my house used to be before Katrina. I bought a Slimline dish on ebay and had a friend that worked for 3 years for Directv aim it for me. We had been using an old non-hd dish that was on an rv account but with football season coming up I wanted a better picture. I had been using an hd receiver with the non-hd dish until then with the thought that I would upgrade at some point. When we called to upgrade my receiver to HD status,we were told that you can have HD service at just one location but not both. Am I going to have to choose between my home and my rv for HD service? Thanks in advance. Markero.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
You can't have service at two locations on one account at the same time. If you are going from one location to the other, not using both at the same time, just don't tell them and they won't be any the wiser. Using them at the same time is called account stacking and is prohibited.

Thanks ,Chip for replying. I'm at a loss why Directv would consider it account stacking if I'm paying extra for the rv account. But of course you only have to talk to them on the phone one time to understand why they would,huh?

Thanks ,Chip for replying. I'm at a loss why Directv would consider it account stacking if I'm paying extra for the rv account. But of course you only have to talk to them on the phone one time to understand why they would,huh?

So you have a separate account for the rv? If so that would not be account stacking.

It also wouldn't be stacking if he never used the rv and home locations at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DishNet Satelite dish to Directv M12-500 receiver

New install this Friday - quick question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)