Intelsat-9 58.0W in Miami ,FL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miamiflorida

Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
miami, fl
Hey Guys,

I am trying to get INTELSAT-9 (to view CUBAVISION), dish is properly positioned and even getting a good signal in one of the TP (11960) in my VIEWSAT VS2000 however the TP (11612) for CUBAVISION as shown in LYNGSAT would not give me any signal no matter what I do with the Dish.

Interesting enough according to Lyngsat those TP'S mentioned above are in the Conus & Europe Beam and the one for the Americas Bean is TP (3840) which is not in the Viewsat.

The dish I am using is: WORLD DIRECT 36" with the FLNB and I am located in Miami, FL.

Please could you guide me as to how to resolve this.

Is someone signing up with three different usernames? Or am I seeing something?? I'm lost here. Sorry to hijack but it looks as if someone is a bit impatient.

The dish I am using is: WORLD DIRECT 36" with the FLNB and I am located in Miami, FL.

The LNB on that dish is a standard and you need a Universal to go below the 11700 frequency to pick up Cubavision

Being in Miami, I would seriously try and get Hispasat 1C/1D...you can use the standard LNB that is on there and has more programming from Cuba

Iceberg,

Thank you for your reply, I tried Hispasat first but I'm getting to many obstacles at the 27* elevation so I moved to Intel since it have a more pronounced inclination.

Could you recomend one those Universal LNB?

And Thank you again for your help.

Miamiense ...
Welcome - (Bienvenidos) to Satellite Guys

Satellite AV one of our Gold Sponsors has a great deal on a Universal type LNB.
Fantastic deal only $5 dollars

$5.00 Single UNV FTA Satellite LNBF- Mini - LN-GEO UL1 BLT

Orders will only be accepted by telephone through end of business day on January 16th, 2009. Please contact us Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm and Friday 8 am - 4 pm, Pacific Time.

Give them a call at 1-888-483-4673

I tried Hispasat first but I'm getting to many obstacles at the 27* elevation so I moved to Intel since it have a more pronounced inclination.

Could you recomend one those Universal LNB?

I have a 15* elevation in Chicago and Iceberg has a 4*elevation up near the Twin Cities.

You really would be better served by Hispasat because you get something like 6 Radio stations and 5 TV channels from Cuba , maybe you just have to move your dish to another location without obstruction.

I personally use a Invacom SNH-031 LNB and get excellent results , because you're using the DirectTV dish I really don't know what kind of performance you'll get , try picking up an 90cm dish .... that will be more than sufficient in Miami.

I have a 15* elevation in Chicago and Iceberg has a 4*elevation up near the Twin Cities.
actually an 8 elevation ;)

You really would be better served by Hispasat because you get something like 6 Radio stations and 5 TV channels from Cuba , maybe you just have to move your dish to another location without obstruction.

so true. Cubavision Int'l is a pick and choose stuff (lots of repeats) of Cubavision. From what I've heard and read from folks who can see both them its like night and day. I've seen lots of repeats on Int'l.

Reminds me of my Sirius radio....we have CBC Radio 1 but early mornings I can pick up CBC Radio 1 on AM (from either Winnipeg or Regina, SK)...CBC Radio 1 has lots of repeats of the "show" type things and once in a while news. The "actual" CBC 1 has lots of news on it. If I had access to the "original" I would prefer that :)

Miamiflorida , I would actually recommend you as others to try harder on getting Hispasat 1C/1D at 30W for several resaons.

First , not only you get CV Intrnc but also the rest of the other 6 TV channels plus 8 cuban radio stations I think. BTW 2 of the TV channels , fairly new and still encripted. I emailed Cubavision Internacional and ask what encription and when would be in the clear but as usual with almost any cuban company they never replied.

Second you do not need a Universal LNB for Hispasat, the standard one that you have is enough. I also use a 90 cm Dish and a 0.2 NF Universal LNB and I am way up north in Ontario, Canada so for me that bird is quite low in the sky (10 degrees only I think)

Third, The symbol rate (less than 3000) on the Interlsat 9 signal is quite low and sometimes you can see macroblocking although not too bad as other internacional channels but on the Hispasat they are using 27 000 MS/s and even with 7 TV channels and 8 radio stations the PQ is quite good too bad the original analog signal produced in havana already has several artifacts but as a cuban I was already used to it lol lol lol.

I relocated my motorized Dish several months ago and still after spending several hours today and some other days I do not get any signal from Hispasat nor from the bird at 43 degrees either. I was hoping that during the winter months when the trees have no leafs I would still be able to get something from almost behind the trees. Well the pole is not plumb yet so that could also be the issue but I have no problem with White Springs TV on 129W though.

Cuban stations on Hispasat

CANAL EDUCATIVO 1 Havana
CANAL EDUCATIVO 2 Havana
CUBAVISION Havana
CUBAVISION INTERNACIONAL Havana
TELE REBELDE Havana
CANAL HABANA Havana
SENAL ACN Havana
Radio: 1260-AM CMBF Havana
Radio: 90.3-FM Radio Progreso Havana
Radio: 93.3-FM Radio Taino Havana
Radio: 94.1-FM Radio Enciclopedia Havana
Radio: 96.7-FM Radio Rebelde Havana
Radio: 101.5-FM Radio Reloj Havana
Radio: 106.9-FM Radio Habana Havana

I emailed Cubavision Internacional and ask what encription and when would be in the clear but as usual with almost any cuban company they never replied.

I don't know if this is true but I read that Cuba encrypted those channels due to a Brazilian Soap opera that was airing on Multivision and Canal Habana , I guess they respect the Brazilians rights of licensing because Saturday Night Jan 2nd on CUBAVISION (Hispasat) at 9:55 pm Eastern they will be playing Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg) before it even debuts on DVD which is even funnier since we all know too well that they don't exactly follow International Laws concerning Movies produced in the U.S.
With that said ..... I love FTA and love the Cuban channels on Hispasat.

The encryption used in Cuba is BISS.

Just giving everyone a heads up this New Year ;) ;) :D Enjoy the Movie

Well I have been living in Canada for the past almost 7 years but my mother who is visiting just confirmed me that still the big soap operas (usually from Brasil) are broadcasted trough the national channel Cubavision but indeed they have also broadcasted a very popular Brasilian Sopa opera on Multivision. They are actually running the second brasilian soap opera these days. Canal Habana and Multivision are in fact the same channel , it is only a provincial channel that airs in Havana City only on channel 27 UHF. I remember it started as a test channel around 15 years ago as CHTV, meaning Ciudad Habana TV.

Back when I lived in Cuba , no channel was 24 hours and on Saturday Nights it was only 2 US Movies but always the first one at 10 pm was a New Movie and I never knew how new they were until I came to Canada lol lol. Now Cubavision is 24 hours and they air 3 US Movies (saturdays is always US movies) but probably only the first one being New , the other 2 are repeats.

Still SD and NTSC , no plans for Digital TV for the near future let alone HD. Very sad story if we take into consideration that Cuba was the second country in America to have TV Service only behind the US. CMQ (became Cubavision later) started in 1950 , 5 years ahead of the Canadian CBC!!!. And on top of that when not even the US had broadcasted a TV signal to another country in the mid 50's (the US already had a microwave link coast to coast though) the Cuban Engineers broadcasted for the first time ever the MLB World Series from the US to Cuba (Studios in Havana) using an Airplane fliying back and forth on the Florida straight. Cuba also had a railway system just after the US long before any other country in America and even before most countries in the World. It is said that any invention patented or sold in the US just weeks later was being sold in Havana thanks to the ferry link between Miami and Havana. Examples like these are plenty and we are way OT already lol.

Guys,

Thank you for all the encouragement and support to point Hispasat, I will give it a try again.

I have another question; once I get the signal you think it will be possible to connect the Coax from this Dish to one of the ports in the DiseqC in another Dish where I have 110* & 119* ?

Well I have been living in Canada for the past almost 7 years but my mother who is visiting just confirmed me that still the big soap operas (usually from Brasil) are broadcasted trough the national channel Cubavision but indeed they have also broadcasted a very popular Brasilian Sopa opera on Multivision. They are actually running the second brasilian soap opera these days.

The last time I visited Cuba , La Proxima Victima ( Brazilian Soap Opera) was very popular.

When I visited years ago (95) I was very surprised as to how quickly movies played on TV , I had just rented The Pelican Brief from the video store and was watching it less than a month later on Cubavision (Solvision GTMO affiliate) , but back then there were only 2 networks Cubavision and Telerebelde and when the 96 Olympics were playing on TV I could walk down the street and hear the whole event since both stations were simulcasting the event .... LOL :D

hd fan , welcome to the forum ......

Thanks for the welcome Jayelem , been longtime lurker but decided to register to help miamiflorida, not that the cubans in Miami Florida need any kind of help but ... lol lol.

I do not think Solvision could be considered an affiliate of a national network , there is no such a thing in Cuba (as it works in US) and at the same time they are all affiliates of the Goverment who owns and operates any radio and TV station in Cuba. What I mean is that Canal Habana , Solvision , Tele Pinar and so on are provincial channels intended to broadcast local provincial programming and started only as a 3 hours service but being extended now therefore at some point they join either national network to air their programming due to lack of local programming or funding I guess (sponsors and commercials could be a solution but that represents capitalism and the Cuban goverment does not want any of it at all) . In other words an affiliate of the Goverment but to be fair at least it shows local content and news not offered on the national networks and also may help those having reception problems with either national network although very unlikely because their transmitters are low powered probably. In my opinion it only helps the goverment to occupy the most channels on the VHF/UHF spectrum and therefore reduce the ability to receive US OTA channels in Cuba. I remember after TV Marti started broadcasting from Florida , the cuban goverment started a repeater of Tele Rebelde on the same channel 13 frecuency in Havana , what a coincidence eh? lol lol.

BTW macroblocking last nite on CV on 58W was terrible (there was a lot of motion in the programm being aired due to the live band and dancing performing for the festivities) , it was in other words unwatchable !!. A very good example of what happens on Digital Video that has very low bitrate (SR less than 3000 MSps). I can not lock to Hispasat 1C/1D yet so I could not compared but in the past I have compared both and beleive it, is not worth to watch via 58W. Well almost all the time it is not worth to watch any cuban channel at all, lol lol except for the new US movies. I even wonder why RadioCuba still has that channel on 58W, well maybe for people who have no LOS of Hispasat at least with macroblocking it is still something no?.

A correction to an earlier post. I just relocated the Dish and locked to the Hispasat signal and realized that Multivision and Canal Habana are 2 different channels. Both are still encripted and Canal Habana probably the old CHTV, a local Habana City channel. I previously mistakenly said they were the same channel. BTW picture quality on the Hispasat CV Internacional version is way better than on 58W, 27 500 SR vs 3300 SR on 58W. I am waiting for a reply to an email to my family in Cuba , inquiring about Multivision. Will post results when available , probably tomorrow, email access in cuba is rare, extremely slow (dial up at 56k at best but most people who "are lucky" to have email access only have old 33k modems or slower) and limited in the monthly connection time. well most cubans have no computer at all let alone email access. internet access is prohibited you only get email access and the cuban intranet.

encrypted=scrambled

but Cubavision and the other cuban channels are fta....I dont know how we got off of how to pick up Cubavision on Hispasat ;)

encrypted=scrambled

but Cubavision and the other cuban channels are fta....I dont know how we got off of how to pick up Cubavision on Hispasat ;)

I get hispasat out of Hialeah,Florida with a 36" dish. Dish is looking east and down ,I had to modified the bracket to get the proper elevation on dish would not go below 30 on elevation You get Cuban,Indian,Spain,Arabic channels. LNBF DMS Model ASC321S-2 RF:10.7-12.75 IF: 950-2150 What you have to fine tune is the skew on lnb when you set up and yes you can conect to one of your port on diseq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Equipment drawings-post yours

Basic newbie question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)