I'm saving $5 for 12 months

thbjr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I called Dish last month to complain about the $5 a month subscription increase. The CSR told me that while there was a price increase, that it was offset by the free movie channels they were giving free for 12 months. I told him that I wanted that (movie channels) offer turned off so that I wouldn't have to do it later to avoud charges for them, since I never watch movies. After looking at my account, he agreed and offer a $5 a month credit for 12 months in place of the movie channels. So I just got this months bill and sure enough, no $5 increase (due to the $5 credit promised).
So if you don't want the free movies, call and ask for the $5 credit in place of them. ;)

Kind of unrelated, but I just had a "talk" with Qwest about upping my internet from 7 to 20MB. The CSR told me that all of their plans were "price for life" - then proceded to tell me that it meant that I'd pay $50/month indefinately, unless they raised their prices down the road. lol

I know, I know..... completely off topic. It just got me thinking when Dish raised their prices.

Kind of unrelated, but I just had a "talk" with Qwest about upping my internet from 7 to 20MB. The CSR told me that all of their plans were "price for life" - then proceded to tell me that it meant that I'd pay $50/month indefinately, unless they raised their prices down the road. lol

I know, I know..... completely off topic. It just got me thinking when Dish raised their prices.

I don't believe the QWEST CSR.

ESPN Classic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)