Ice on dish

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
Evidentally ice and satellite tv don't blend well. Getting freezing rain and have probably about 1/2" of ice on everything. So far I've lost 119 and 129.

Evidentally ice and satellite tv don't blend well. Getting freezing rain and have probably about 1/2" of ice on everything. So far I've lost 119 and 129.

Yup ice is the worst for satellite tv. Can you reach your dish with a broom to knock off even some of it? a little bit helps. If you get ice often you can get covers for the dishes which prevent that.

or if you know a storm is coming you can spray cooking spray on the dish it'll keep the ice off

Normally ice isn't a problem in our area. It's been several years since we've had ice like this. Normally we just get a few inches of snow here and there.

What parts need the ice cleared off? Shouldn't I be worried about breaking things if I start breaking the ice off?

I just went and put some warm water on my 36" dish and my Toroidal T90 (I'm in Minneapolis). Got that 1/4" of ice off them :)

Back in business. I lighly tapped it with a hammer on the dish and was able to pull it off the lnbf with my fingers. There was at least a half inch of ice. I have all my channels back and signal looks as good as it was before so at least I didn't knock if off alignment. I should have went out sooner as the warm water would have worked better.

Rain is supposed to switch to snow anytime now. I wish it would because this could get ugly. I'm surprised we still have power because parts of town have been out all day.

Any HD broadcast without"DISHHD"pack?

OTA channel problem with my new 211 receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts