I think I figured out how to calculate the correct tax on my Dish bill

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I know there have been threads in the past about how Dish calculates the sales taxes on our bills, but I think I figured out how it's suppose to be done. Dish seems to be taxing us on two fees: A $9 primary receiver fee that's already included in the programming package price and the $6 DVR fee if you have a DVR (for me I do) For awhile I've been wondering how Dish came out with a tax of $.90 for my bill but I think you have to multiply the tax rate by those one or two fees (depending what you have) How I calculate my tax using Michigan's 6% sales tax:
6% * $9=$.54
6%* $6= $.36
$.54 + $.36= $.90
So it looks like for me, the $.90 for my sales tax is correct. Of course taxes vary everywhere, but I highly suggest finding out what your state/local tax rates are for your location (if you don't know them already) and doing what I just did above and see if your tax on your bill is correct. If it doesn't look right, contact Dish and see why it's different.

Found dish charges the Special Purpose Districts - 1/8% (.00125) on top of the State - 6 1/4% (.0625).

Now things add up, lol.....

Last edited:

thanks MattG!

Dish Network DENIED "Service Address" change...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)