Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I just got my HD receiver installed. Model HTL-HD (or close to that) and I have noticed on HDNET that the video cuts out for a split second (same for audio) and comes back on. Is this normal?? I have it hooked up via DVI.

I have the same setup - instlaled last week. and I noticed it a little too, also sometimes with HBO HD. It hasn't happened much though (it was worst the first day, but gotten alot better), but if it keeps up I'm gonna call and see what can be done.

Could it be because the receiver is still downloading stuff? This is the first day with this receiver.

I have had the Hughes HTL-HD for about 3 months and havent had any issues with it yet. I know there was a software upgrade done to my box right after I got it to 2.0 maybe once you get that it will solve the issues.

Just got home and checkout out my firmware, and I am version 2.0. And right now my HDNet & HD HBO are unwatchable, worst I've seen. My Satellite B signal is "poor". Any suggestions?

I did notice, and the installer said this was the case, that the signal on 101 (Sat A) was lower than 110 and 119. I get upper 90s on both those and 85-90 on 101.

Neutron, you can check the signal strength by clicking the pause button while in SAT mode.

Do any of you guys know the latest & greatest firmware rev for a HTL-HD is it 2.0 ?

It sounds to me like either the dish is not pointed correctly or the LNB is going bad.

Neutron said:
I did notice, and the installer said this was the case, that the signal on 101 (Sat A) was lower than 110 and 119. I get upper 90s on both those and 85-90 on 101.

Last week I attempted to fine tune my dish & screwed it all up. After I did this I noticed that I wasn't able to hit the 101 Sat at all but I was able to get the 110 & 119 real good I used the DIrecTV recommended Azimuth, tilt & elevations however for some reason when the guy came back out to correct what I messed up he ended up with a tilt of 3-4 degrees more that what DirecTV called for on the zip code recomendations, go figure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv with 2 HD receivers

Dual output HD receiver (DirecTv)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)