Hr-24 F-video output?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bnewberry5

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
South Carolina
I am thinking of jumping back to Directv, but need to find out if the HR24 DVR has coax video output simultaneous with the HDMI signal -- so I can split the signal to see the same program I was watching in HD on the SD TV's in other rooms. The Dish Network DVR has this capability.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There is no coaxial output on Directv boxes anymore. You could use the composite or component outputs if your sd set has those inputs, or you could use an old vcr as a modulator and connect the composite outputs of the dvr to the vcr to the sd set. BTW, all outputs are live on all of the Directv boxes.

Use an rf modulator and run coax to all the sd tvs

Thanks. I found a vary old RF modulator in the garage. It has one RCA plug for audio and one for video. Then it has the coax output I need for the SD TV's. Do I need a newer RF modulator with two audio jacks since the satellite box audio is in stereo?

Thanks. I found a vary old RF modulator in the garage. It has one RCA plug for audio and one for video. Then it has the coax output I need for the SD TV's. Do I need a newer RF modulator with two audio jacks since the satellite box audio is in stereo?

No, you should be able to use a simple y cable to combine the audio outputs of the receiver/dvr to the modulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDMI Switch question?

Who has the Premier Pkg and what are you paying.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts