How to dmp PPV from deactivated receiver?

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
How to dump PPV from deactivated receiver?

I have sold a Dish 510 DVR, and I thought the card was clear, but upon double checking, I see that there are 2 PPV's on it. The receiver was deactivated last Saturday. If I reconnect the phone line to the 510, is there a way I can make it call Dish and unload the PPV's so that I can pay for them and have a clear card?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas! I am going to try to hook it to the phone line and the satellite line and see if it will dump it. Otherwise, if I take off the PPV amount from the selling price, then the buyer should not have any problems activating, should he?

iafirebuff said:
Thanks for the ideas! I am going to try to hook it to the phone line and the satellite line and see if it will dump it. Otherwise, if I take off the PPV amount from the selling price, then the buyer should not have any problems activating, should he?
At the time of activation they would have to pay the charges probably with a credit card if they show up. They may not get reported back to DISH until the account is activated with a phone line plugged in so at activation they may not show up.:)

Along these same lines, is there a way to clear the Purchase History? I have an event that has already been sent to Dish (and paid for) but it still shows in the Purchase History list. Any way to clear the list?

Shows

Hello from Indianapolis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)