How much can one get on a "feed"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I know what feeds are I see some on cable of some of the news. I understand that often times it's just thecamera running and it's just things that seem to be raw and unedited.

I was just wondering if there ever tends to be that much interesting on them in the way of sports or news music etc. :rolleyes:

for sports, you get to see the announcers do the pregame a couple times. I'm talking about the 5 minute segment at the beginning of a game

Seen many announcers biff their lines and cuss :)

Last year before a college hockey game, the announcers were doing their pregame thing and in mid sentence the play by play guy turned around at the home crowd (this was a road game for these two) and said "will you shut up so I can do my beginning?" :)

The news ones are good for hurricane coverage...seen camera guys "white balance" the camera on a womans white blouse...gee why does he zoom in on her boobs?

Did you catch the one with a cute newslady talking to the cameraman about her pink polka dot rubber boots she was wearing? When they shot the segment to air, they held the camera up high enough, and carefully raised it as they panned out to show the storm damage, in order to avoid showing the possibly distracting boots.

Last year during one of the huricanes the lady reporter was waiting for the station to come back to her....she's barely staying upright because of the wind and the rain is just pelting her. She looks at the camera and says....

"I wish they'd hurry up. My hair is getting messed up."

uh, honey. You're standing in 100+ winds, pouring rain and you're worried about your hair?????

I always like when the engineer says to the camera guy, "Don't let that camera get wet!"

Imagine that :D

Years ago on an NFL feed Pat Summerall ask John Madden what was wrong, Madden replied "I've got gas," Summerall said "thanks for the warning." I laughed so hard the Budweiser almost came out my nose!

last Saturday on the Minn/St Cloud hockey game, Mazocco and Wooger were doing the pregame and the St Cloud fans were chanting "Doug Woog Doug Woog" so loud they had to do a second take :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

software updates

globecast download tp frequencie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)