How do I know when I need to replace the LNBF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the info. It's SUPER old. Probably over 10 years. A new one would possibly give me a better signal?

I haven't read beyond this post as of yet, so I have no clue what you ended up deciding, if anything yet.

Here's what I just discovered for myself. I too have had an lnbf 10 years old or better. But this would be a C Band lnbf. I have a 7.5 foot dish, but was having major issues with some feeds @ 103 W, and the S2 NBC feeds @ 105 W. As to the latter, I couldn't even get a lock on this signal. The ironic thing, I was pretty much positive my dish was tracking the arc spot on or at least close to spot on, except I was having some trouble with some signals.

To make a long story short, I finally broke down and got a new lnbf this week. I ended up getting an esx241, no particular reason this model. It was just that I could get this pretty quickly, which I did. So I replaced my other lnbf with this one, and simply guestimated the skew, which somehow ended up spot on the very first try. Then I did the f/d settings as well, which I pretty much ended up guestimating for the most part. The first thing I then did was start from 137 W to see if all the chs were coming in. No problems there. So eventually I get to 105 W. I decided to do a new blind scan. In the past, the only signal that would scan in was Nasa. But this time, 5 or 6 signals scan in, one of them being the S2 NBC mux I couldn't get before. The chs popped in like a glove. No issues with tiling or anything. So my hunch was correct, my dish was pretty much tracking the arc spot on. It was my old lnbf that was the problem. The best 23 bucks I have spent recently, since that's what it cost including shipping.

Wow, seems like a pretty huge difference! I'm hoping i get similar results (not happy about potentially having lost channels lol, but since i'm switching anyway...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UNC Eye Bolt 1/2" x 6" for Channel Master Polar Mount

2 C Band LNB 2 degrees apart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)