How can I Increase The Strength of a 65cm Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moviefreak

Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hi guys, I've posted two questions and all the answers have been extremely helpful... so here is another one..
I have 2 65cm dishes in Chile south america, and most of the things about FTA i have read say that at least 75cm is what I need...
1) Can i somehow increase the dish size, expandin it in any way, with some kind of metal and reposition the lnb pointing to the center of the dish (these are RCA DTV dishes).
2) In case this can be done, where can i get some indications for this.
3) I could build a new dish.. and try it but i need to know the materials, any kind of special metal or something... the ones that i have in chile seem pretty normal to me, so i'm guessing it has more to do with the shape of the dish, thickness and stuff like that... please correct me on this.

The reason of my question is because I'm taking this christmas a pansat 2700A and two 0.3db Universal LNBF's to chile, and I hope... that I will be able to get some FTA channels, since the reception where my dad lives for normal tv antenna is very weak, and I rather invest on the FTA than on paying anymore for directv.

Thanks...

moviefreak said:
I have 2 65cm dishes in Chile south america, and most of the things about FTA i have read say that at least 75cm is what I need...
1) Can i somehow increase the dish size, expandin it in any way, with some kind of metal and reposition the lnb pointing to the center of the dish (these are RCA DTV dishes).

In theory, you'd need to build a coupler to interface the two to work as one. If you were successful, you'd only get a gain of 3dB over one dish (if it were a perfect harness with no loss).

In this game it is all about surface area or distance from the source. Since you cannot move closer to the satellite, what I would do is just invest in a 90cm to 100cm dish and never look back.

Moviefreack, Yo creo que lo mejor is comprarte uno nuevo or used. In the long run it will cheaper unless your own a Hojalateria en Chile

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pentagon Channel POwer up on AMC1?

Dish 1000 & Fortec Lifetime Ultra?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)