Hopper 3 Software H376

Thanks dweber for posting about the new version.

Just updated my Hopper 3 (H375) with Hopper Plus (P12901) to H376 and I finally saw how updating works with the Hopper Plus added to it. Instead of seeing the updating progress, there is no video at all and eventually, there is no video other than a black screen as if the TV was off. The Guide is available and hitting option on TV Activity will show I think 6 tuners in use, 1 and 6 says Available and 2-5 that says Software Updating but after idling, the video will be black again as if the TV was off. After some time, it will reboot and in the Diagnostics screen, Available Joey Software will only show the J and W versions and on longer the P versions needed for the Hopper Plus which is the same even if I manually rebooted again. When I goto Tools -> Technician Settings -> Download ATV files, it will show a box:
Download ATV Files 3000
This device is not currently targeted for
Android software
[OK]

So it could be H376 no longer displays the available Hopper Plus or ATV software versions or allows Downloading it so that would be left to be done by the Hopper Plus's Software Updates function instead.

Does anyone happen to know what the Last Connect on the Diagnostics -> Receiver screen right under Processor ID is for as I noticed mines is still 05/31 even though the software is updated 06/12/2024.

Josh.M and brittanygarden - In addition to the above, the 119GB/120GB HDD space remaining on the internal HDD is seen as 100% full issue, here are screenshots below:
1718255728403.png

It will have the popups of the HD is full and all recordings halted even if the DVR % full was 79% for example even though the % did hit 100% after a few days. How I found the remaining free space was selecting videos to transfer to a external HDD so it seems like the last 119GB of space of the HDD is not usable for recordings:
1718255970512.png

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Diagnostics screen, Available Joey Software after the nightly 1AM Pacific Time (GMT -7) reboot now shows correctly with the following:
W152 W208 J276 J476 J576 P529 P52901 P629 P62901 P129 P12902

Download ATV files shows:
Joey 4 P52901
Wireless Joey 4 P62901
Hopper Plus P12902

So perhaps when H376 came out, they spent time before updating the version list above.

I just updated manually from P12901 to P12902 on the Hopper Plus using the Hopper Plus's Software Updates function.
Turns out P12902 shows 5/30/2024 8:27 which is either the build timestamp or release timestamp and not the install timestamp like Hopper 3 software shows.

Faster if you do it manually as it will eventually do it automatically but could be weeks later.
And you are not missing anything if you wait unless an update adds something significant. Most updates are minor fixits. If you are working fine today wait until tomorrow to let the receivers update themselves.

Since mine updated (hopper3) it "blacks out" about every 5-10 minutes for about a second or two, then comes right back on to the channel I was watching. During these interruptions my TV displays "No signal......" I have restarted the Hopper through the Tools menu. Any other suggestions.

And you are not missing anything if you wait unless an update adds something significant. Most updates are minor fixits. If you are working fine today wait until tomorrow to let the receivers update themselves.
Well, H374 with the Hopper Plus reboots 4-8 times and does not reboot during the nightly reboot times. H373 and earlier and H375 did not have this problem. Can't say much about H376 yet. I wished it was tomorrow as I forgot what version it was, the one from February 2024 took 2 months before it updated as a H3 with a Hopper Plus works differently than H3 only as H3 will do the software update before it shows the main screen. Hopper Plus does not, you will only know it's upgrading when you look at Tuner Activity even though there is no video feed. I sometimes report the bugs on Facebook Messenger. H372 and H373 without a different Hopper Plus software version also had another issue, after the nightly reboot or manual reboot, it would always tune to DishScapes instead of the last watched channel, this was something fixed in H374. The H3 software with the Hopper Plus does not have the Settings > Power > select Power On, and choose Tune to Last Channel option. So it depends on the situation as it is a 2 way street, you can gain or you can gain new problems as a bug is considered a new feature.

1718320859781.png

Last edited:
Not sure waiting for receiver to update itself always applies: Today I tried to upgrade from h.374 to h3.75 and the manual update went to h3.76. What happened to auto update to 3.75?
That's how it is supposed to work, it will always update to the most current version and skip any versions it did not download before. Just like if automatic updates didn't work, I would go all the way from H357 to H376 if I decide to manually check. While these are receivers, they are still dedicated computers running a Unix like OS called Linux. Even with Windows 11 for example when I am on the Beta Insiders channel, I can keep the computer off for 2 months, it will download the most recent build without having to do the previous weekly builds as the current build is a complete build, it does not depend on the previous builds. If you use a mobile phone that uses a CDMA carrier like Verizon, you will notice there is something called a PRL (Preferred Roaming List) which is a list of tower IDs you can connect to, the updates can jump to the most current version because there would be no point to give you a older version first.

So in your case, if you checked yesterday, you would have gotten H375 first but H376 is the current version when you checked today as they likely replaced H375 on their servers when H376 was available so there is no point in downloading H375. If H376 has problems, it will be fixed in the next version. The thought is newer versions always include what's always in older versions providing they didn't take things away since there are no release notes on what changed.

Since mine updated (hopper3) it "blacks out" about every 5-10 minutes for about a second or two, then comes right back on to the channel I was watching. During these interruptions my TV displays "No signal......" I have restarted the Hopper through the Tools menu. Any other suggestions.
I can safely say I am not having that problem. You might try holding the power button down on the front of the Hopper for 45 seconds or so... HipKat probably knows exactly how long to hold it for to do a complete reboot.

I can safely say I am not having that problem. You might try holding the power button down on the front of the Hopper for 45 seconds or so... HipKat probably knows exactly how long to hold it for to do a complete reboot.
I unplugged the HDMI cable at the tv, then plugged it back in about 10 seconds later. It hasn't happened since.

My H3 doesn't black out but audio has gone out numerous times and will only return after a reboot.

• Wow

Universal Dish Remote