Please reply by conversation.

jack03332

Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
System Traxis 3500
Wineguard 2076
Univ lnb
sg2100 motor
how do i get my motor to track sats ? I can manually do it by pushing the button on the motor.
thanks in advance

Last edited:
jack03332 said:
System Traxis 3500
Wineguard 2076
Univ lnb
sg2100 motor
how do i get my motor to track sats ? I can manually do it by pushing the button on the motor.
thanks in advance

Mount your pole or pipe 100% plumb , in both direction . Mount your motor to the pole . Set the motor angle to your latatude . Mount your dish on the motor arm , 100% " straight " so the motor and dish are pointing in the same direction .

If your dish has a reliable looking elevation scale , set the dish elevation acording to the chart that should have come with the motor , for due south . This adjustment will be fine tuned latter .

Hook up your coaxes , with the receiver off . Hopefully you hav a signal meter , if not , hopefully your receiver will display signal , even before you scan for channels .

If not , this is the one and only time I reccomend loading a channel list .

Go to the menue to set up your due south sat . Look in your menus for an option for USALS motor control . Type in your longitude & latatude & save that info . Tell the receiver to move to the position for that sat .

Move the receiver & TV outside so you can peak the dish / motor .

Turn the dish / motor assembly to your best guess of due south ( true - geographic , not magnetic - compas ) .

If you have a channel list loaded , choose a channel for your due south sat . Watch the signal strength and quality . But , you are hunting signal quality , that is what gives you a picture .

If you have no channel list , watch the sat signal indicator function or your sat meter .

Tweek the dish / motor assembly east & west , in small , tiny amounts . Do the same for the dish elevation , but leave the motoe - mount bracket latatude alone .

If you get a picture on your due south sat , tweek to as close to perfection as you can get it .

If you have gotten this all right , tighten everything down .

Now select your west most sat . Does it work ? May need to change the menue setting to Diesq 1.2 settting and use the motor east - west function to tweek it in . Give this sat a number position and save .

Do the same for your west most sat . Repeat for all the sats you are interested in .

Wyr

The pole is plumb and the dish was set at true south. I can get a sat when I manually push the button on the motor. I guess i'm just dumb.when i go to another sat. the motor will not move. do i have to imput something?
Jack

Thanks for the help
I now have another problem. My reciever is a traxis 3500 . I must have pushed a wrong button. my screen is rolling. I've change tv's and unpluged my receiver. nothing helped. is there someway I can rset my reciever ?
thanks, jack

Have you tried turning off the button on the back, then back on?

Menu

System setup

TV system

OK

Then left or right on Display mode.

Sounds like you have it set for PAL, should be NTSC (or auto)

motor help

Yes i've tried the switch on the back.
The tv screen is rolling fast and I cannot read to go to the menu. i believe i'm in PAL.
Thanks,
Jack

Turn the receiver off for a few seconds...then back on

Menu
Hit left 2 times
down
OK
hit right 2 times
Exit 2 times

Last edited:
I guess maybe by now you've solved your motor movement problem. But in case you haven't, here are some things that might help you:

For the USALS mode to work, you have to have entered your house's latitude and longitude. (You only have to enter it once.) Also, your receiver must know the position of the satellite you want to watch. (For example, satellite IA 8 is at position 89 degrees west.) If your motor and dish have been installed accurately, then you will get a good signal by using the USALS mode. Just follow wrytwister's excellent directions above and you will succeed. Hey, maybe you should check your coaxial connections on the motor. It's possible that the reason the motor is not responding to receiver commands is because you might have gotten the "in" and "out" ports mixed up when you screwed on the RG6 connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat DVR?

Automatic Distribution Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)