Help NEW!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I cant seem to get any channels. Blind scan didn't find any either. I have a signal on the meter. How high does it have to be to find anything.

Split from another thread! Please start your own thread rather than jump on one that has nothing to do with your question! THANKS!

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

What channels are you trying to get?

Need more information from you to help

Daveoflave said:
I'm new to this do you know anything about the viewsat 2000 platinum??
There are lots of folks to help you here...I am a NOOB too and have a Viewsat 2000 Extreme...Nice receiver.
You are probably not on the Clark Belt or not on a bird...set declination, check your mount for vertical position, do you have a compass, cheapo meter or other way to tell where your dish is aimed...lots more . You must be pointed at a Sat before Blind scan will work. Also in setup, the installation wants to know about your antenna Disq switch etc...fill in what you can.
One of the best $10 I ever spent was on an SF-95 $10 meter a few years ago...Sponsors here have them and you could always get one on Ebay (search Satellite meters...only buy srom good feedback rated sellers!)
What is your dish, LNB etc? NEED INFO!
Plz let us know....Lots more knowledgeable than I belong here and will help you.
By doing a lot of reading I was able to get my Viewsat Extreme (pretty much the same as your Platinium) with component outs and hardware blindscan vs software based, up and running with minimal frustration. Read the faqs and helpful links....you will make it! My real test will come when I setup a dedicated dish that is in transit...currently the viewsat is on my Big Dish and it was already set on the right angles etc!.
jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie alert!

FTA Prob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)