Hello and a question...

jvic

Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Hello,

This is my first post here and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas with my issue. I have an 811 receiver playing on a 4:3 Panasonic HD set. When viewing HD programs, the left and right sides of the picture are getting cut off (apparent when text is on the screen). I have the aspect ratio set to 16:9, and my TV is supposed to adjust for this. It looks to be the standard letterbox widescreen size, but maybe it's not? I also tried both 4:3 options and it yield the same result of the image getting cut off. Thanks for any ideas. I tried to do a search and couldn't come up with anything, so I apologize if it's a dumb question.

Thanks!
Jeff

jvic said:
Hello,

This is my first post here and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas with my issue. I have an 811 receiver playing on a 4:3 Panasonic HD set. When viewing HD programs, the left and right sides of the picture are getting cut off (apparent when text is on the screen). I have the aspect ratio set to 16:9, and my TV is supposed to adjust for this. It looks to be the standard letterbox widescreen size, but maybe it's not? I also tried both 4:3 options and it yield the same result of the image getting cut off. Thanks for any ideas. I tried to do a search and couldn't come up with anything, so I apologize if it's a dumb question.

Thanks!
Jeff
Welcome! :welcome
Have you tried using the zoom keys on the remote? PgUp and PgDn, and the * key. Maybe you're zoomed in too much.

That is EXACTLY what the problem was, thank you very much! This looks like a great site, I will definitely be looking around some more.

superdish question

sw 64 switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)