HD SPICE... anybody?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jalegria11

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Centreville, VA
As I posted before, I have been on D* HD programming for only a week and a half.
I read CH 599 - HD SPICE goes on the air only from Thursdays thru Sundays at $14.99 :eek: for a 3-hour viewing.

I was :hungry: enough... last Friday and waited until midnight to see if the channel was available.

I kept punching the numbers "599" on my remote, and it always said: "CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE"

First of all, is this channel available in HD or has it been discontinued?

Did anybody watch HD Spice before?

Was it worth the $14.99 PPV "1080i curiosity" ?

JA

It is a PPV item, have you checked online to see if you can order it from D*'s websight ?

You could always call in and ask if it's still available in HD

Jimbo

jalegria11 said:
As I posted before, I have been on D* HD programming for only a week and a half.
I read CH 599 - HD SPICE goes on the air only from Thursdays thru Sundays at $14.99 :eek: for a 3-hour viewing.

I was :hungry: enough... last Friday and waited until midnight to see if the channel was available.

I kept punching the numbers "599" on my remote, and it always said: "CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE"

First of all, is this channel available in HD or has it been discontinued?

Did anybody watch HD Spice before?

Was it worth the $14.99 PPV "1080i curiosity" ?

JA

What is your location? There are 7 infamous areas of the USA (I think they are AL, GA, MS, TN, SC, UT and parts of NC) that DO NOT ALLOW any programming over a single X rating and force a BLACKOUT by your zip code. DirecTV's hardest is only XX (they have no true XXX like cband or Dish) This BLACKOUT ("channel is not available/in your area") is clearly stated on the DirecTV website as well. It is 1080i and it is very nice for a night with your special someone. I wish it was $9.99 and it is ONLY ON after 11pm - 6am (or so) NOT all day/night Thu-Sun.

593: 5 chnl pack 596 & 597 BLACKOUT
594: Taste of Spice (Heavy Edited R - NC17)
595: Playboy TV (Heavy Edited R - NC17, except on Director's Cut Series which is X)
596: Spice Platinum (Some Edits XX) BLACKOUT
597: The Hot Network (Some Edits XX) BLACKOUT
598: The Hot Zone (Mostly Edited X)
599: Spice Platinum HD Part-time (Some Edits XX) BLACKOUT

Last edited:
I am in VA... I don't think there are any restrictions around here.
It is just a plain "Channel not available" as if it does not even exist...

I WANT THE HD 1080i EXPERIENCE !!! :hungry:

Everything else (593-598) is available and "ready to order".

I also made sure on my settings the "parental control" was all the way to "XXX" just in case...
I did read it only shows from midnight until 6:00am in two sets for those 4 days.
I thought I could check it out at least an hour before showing to see if the channel would show the "Buy Now" option... NOTHING...

I have checked on the D* site and there is not a link to order it online either...

And... by the way, IT IS THURSDAY !!!! Hmmmm....

As I am posting, I am using my remote.... 5-9-9 .... once again ... CH N/A ... :(

OK is just now 12 midnight your time, so check now; this should be about start time. Can anyone else besides me confirm its exsistance?

ORDER SPICE HIGH-DEFINITION
Spice High-Definition is available Thursday – Sunday in two, 3-hour pay per view blocks on channel 599:

12 a.m. – 3 a.m. (ET)

OR

3 a.m. – 6 a.m. (ET)

Order either block for only $14.99 each!

EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
To access Spice High-Definition programming, you'll need:

1. HD-Capable Television
2. DIRECTV® HD Receiver
3. Triple LNB Multi-Satellite Dish

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

I rest my case!

It says: "Buy "Hotel Spice" for $14.99
(No 5 minute preview, though...)

IT IS ACTIVE !!!

I bet last Saturday when I watched they had a midnight "blackout"....

But, I will still wait until the weekend...

WORK day tomorrow... and NO HDVR... :(

Thanx!

One thing though... it seems it cannot be ordered online...
I still do not see a link for online purchase.

But only the "Buy" option on the TV screen.

:hungry:

Rest your case, its working right? Confused on that part because I thought you said it didn't exist/work. Anyway....

1. There is no online ordering of Spice HD (that I have ever seen).
2. There has never been any free preview on the adult PPV. so...
3. You must wait until the DirecTV clock strikes 12a ET for it to be active. (3am for start #2)
4. Just like regular PPV, after X amount of time into the show, ordering is blocked until the next programming start.
5. Seems like SpiceHD is business as usual.

It was working on my H10 last night, but I didn't order because it was "HD-Lite". Just kidding; I didn't order it because it was $15! :D

You have to have a connected phone line to order adult PPV, or you can order on-line, by using the on-line programming guide(be sure you are looking at 12AM..
Note you must sign into your account.....
-------------------------
ADULT PAY PER VIEW

CLICK HERE to order, then follow these simple steps:

1. On the Program Guide, SELECT "Time," "Day" and "Time Zone" from the menu at the top, then CLICK on the GO button.

2. SCROLL down to channels 593-598 and CLICK on the "order" link next to the block of programming you want to order:

To get all 5 adult channels** in a 3-hour block, you must order from channel 593.
Order channels 594-598 a la carte as priced above.

3. SIGN IN with your user name and password, or click on the "Register" link and go through the easy steps, then continue with step #4.

4. SELECT "authorize this receiver" and CHOOSE a payment method.

5. CLICK on SEND.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/AdultProgramming.jsp

Last edited:
charper1 said:
There are 7 infamous areas of the USA (I think they are AL, GA, MS, TN, SC, UT and parts of NC) that DO NOT ALLOW any programming over a single X rating and force a BLACKOUT by your zip code. DirecTV's hardest is only XX (they have no true XXX like cband or Dish)
Um, there's no such thing as X vs. XX vs. XXX. They're just marketing hoo-hah. The only official rating the MPAA ever had was "X" (which they've abandoned in favor of NC-17).

Not that this is relevant or anything. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AT9 Dish on ebay about $75.00

My new R10..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts