HD signal to more than one Monitor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PJS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Is there any way to send an HD signal from an HD DVR receiver to more than one HDTV Monitor? I have a second HDTV in an adjoining room to my main viewing room that I'd like to send an HD output. Currently I'm sending it via an RG-6 cable to the second monitor but the picture quality is suboptimal and my HD DVR won't send a 780p or 1080i format to my main HDTV, thus compromising the picture quality down to 480p.

Also is there a high quality way to send the DVR recordings to a PC media center (I have the new Toshiba Quosmio G15) either by hard wire or wirelessly? I see 2 USB ports on my HD DVR but the instruction manual only states that they are for "futue use".

PJS

The short answer is no.

The long one is: While there are two HD outputs on this unit, the component video is deactiavted while, the HDMI port is in use. You could split it using a switch (backwards) where there is only one source and multiple distributions. Since the HR10-250 has no RF out (coax) I would be interested to know how your runs are setup as is.

The ideal solution would be to use a component video switch and good cables, but depending on the length of the run ... it may be a worthless venture.

So no one makes a component to ASTC modulator box? I guess you would have to include a digital cable input to this as well for audio.

Viewsonic is making a Windows Media Gateway (WMG120-B1 or WMG80-B1) that is a combined 120 Gig and 80 gig hard drive media storage system boxed with a wireless g router. Combined with a WMA-100 wireless media adapter you can send streaming audio, digital pixs, and even streaming video files to the gateway where the media is stored and then can be streamed to the A/V receiver and/or HD TV. I don't know enough about it to know if you send info from a DVR like my HD Dr10-250 through this system to the second HD TV monitor. Also I doubt it would be useful for watching live TV broadcasts. The run would likely take at least 50+ feet of component cable x 3 runs. A bit pricey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Serious about getting D*, but have a few Q's

Is the H10-250 mpeg4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)