HD channel question?

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I was just thinking if people were given the chance to have a SD channel in HD what channel would it be? Mine would be either TBS (since they show a lot of movies) or ABC family channel. What channel would everyone else chose if they could have 1 SD channel into conveted to HD?

I was just thinking if people were given the chance to have a SD channel in HD what channel would it be? Mine would be either TBS (since they show a lot of movies) or ABC family channel. What channel would everyone else chose if they could have 1 SD channel into conveted to HD?

I agree if it was done right, look what another Turner channel, TNT HD looks like.

I would rather wait a couple of years for the content providers (studios, syndicators, production companies) to convert SD material to HD, rather than have TNT stretchOvision. It's going to take time and money.

NESN would be nice. But, I feel this will not happen on E*. So I would have to vote for Speed or SCI-FI .

TBS HD would be a good choice. Considering the number of sports that they are showing...Braves' games in '07, weekly package, division series in '08. Don't they also have a weekly college football game again this fall? As long as they stay away from stretch o vision, this would be a good choice.

If we are assuming that this HD version of the SD channel, implies that they have true HD versions of the programming, then definitely Fox Soccer Channel. (A lot of their content is broadcast in HD in Europe, so they would have to have a big transatlantic satellite feed leased all the time.)

However, many of the "HD" channels still have a lot of upconverted 4x3 programming, so I think we are still at a point where there ain't all that more HD content out there. For example, I was disappointed to find that Penn and Teller is shot in SD and just upconverted for Showtime HD.

PS If you guys are thinking the new Doctor Who eps in HD, then I'm with ya. But I can't get into Soap Opera Galactica ... and Dresden turned out to be disappointing...

SD channels - more a case of "garbage in" ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)