Happy 2006, High Def Fans! “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” 2006 in HD on ABC

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Times Square In HD!
Happy 2006, High Def Fans!
(ABC Press Release)
Mariah Carey, No. 1 Artist of 2005 Makes History by Becoming First Singer to Perform Live from New York on the Program Since “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” Inception 34 Years Ago
History will be made when international superstar Mariah Carey performs live from Times Square on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2006,” SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31 on the ABC Television Network. Her performance will mark the first time in the 34-year history of the program that a singer will perform from the famed New York landmark, before nearly a million fans in Times Square and millions more across the nation. Ms. Carey will join hosts Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest as the final minutes of the year are counted down, climaxed by the traditional ball drop.
What a way to cap off an amazing year! This year’s eight-time Grammy Award nominee, Mariah Carey is riding high on the success of her five-times RIAA platinum album, ”The Emancipation of Mimi,” which has sold more than seven million copies around the world and spun off three smash hit No. 1 singles -- “We Belong Together,” “Shake It Off” and “Don't Forget About Us.” In early September,
Mariah made music history when she became the first female lead artist in the 47 years of the Billboard Hot 100 ever to occupy the No. 1 and No. 2 chart positions in the same week, with “We Belong Together” and “Shake It Off,” respectively. With 16 No. 1 career singles to her credit, Mariah is the only active artist with the hit-making potential to match or surpass the all-time records of the Beatles (with 20 No. 1’s) and Elvis Presley (18 No. 1’s).
Also appearing on the show is actress/recording star Hilary Duff who will preside over segments of the show from Hollywood and introduce top recording artists The Bangles, Chris Brown, Sean Paul, The Pussycat Dolls, Sugarland, 3 Doors Down and 311. Duff will also perform. Additionally, “Good Morning America Weekend’s” Marysol Castro will report on other happenings in and around NYC.
ABC’s special holiday programming that evening will include “Dick Clark’s Primetime New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2006,” which will air from 10:00-11:00 p.m. (ET & PT), with “live” reports on the festivities in Times Square, a look back at the past year and highlights of some of the year’s biggest concert tours, including Duran Duran and Green Day. That will be followed by “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2006, Part 1,” which airs from 11:35 p.m. – 1:05 a.m. (ET & PT) and features performances by all of the musical talent. Wrapping the night’s activities will be “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2006, Part 2,” which airs from 1:05 a.m. – 2:05 a.m. (ET & PT), featuring more hit songs from the musical acts.
The specials are presentations of dick clark productions, inc. Dick Clark, Allen Shapiro and Ryan Seacrest are the executive producers. Larry Klein produces and Barry Glazer directs. New York segments are directed by Bob McKinnon. Writer is Barry Adelman. Production designer is Bruce Ryan. Executive in charge of production is Bob Bardo. Executive in charge of talent is Amy Striebel. Fran La Maina is executive in charge. The specials will be broadcast in HDTV with stereo sound and Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning.

I watched most of it. I did not know Dick Clark had a stroke and he did the best he could under the circumstance. I always find that these years celebration the spanish channels do a better and more fun celebration in SD. HDnews also also doing coverage from timesquare and new orlean.

I never did like Dick Clark, but I did record the event to check out some of the performances. I just scanned over 2 1/2 hours of Rockin' Eve 2006 and...well, the only thing missing was the ROCK. Perhaps a more appropriate title would have been Dick Clark's New Year's Rappin', Poppin', Slurrin', Seacrest Annoyin' Eve". In my opinion, this was truly one of the biggest turds ABC has ever floated! :down :down

On a positive note, the coverage on VOOM's HDN-Lite (New York and New Orleans) was excellent; 1000X better than anything on the broadcast networks IMO! :up :up

Saturday New Years Eve Broadcast Networks HDTV!

Will WorldCinema be back on VOOM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts