gps in receivers?

STOP, many years ago a team summit exhibitor showed a system where all boxes on a account would only work if they were on the same dish LNB system. They basically talked to one another.

No 2 way transmit back to E, just within the same account.

scott where did my post say transmit back to E?

I have never used drugs and am offended at your post, I have never smoked, never done drugs, and at most had alcohol only for a rare special occasion, like a wedding toast.

At 5 years old I witnessed my next door neighbors drunk husband beat up his wife and she ended up in hospital with broken bones...

this probably explains my position on drunks of any type..

I think Bob was referring to two-way comm over the sat coax as is done now between DP gear and the receivers. No two-way satellite communications is needed to do this. But the DP comm protocol would need to be enhanced to allow receiver-to-receiver communications as well as receiver to LNB/switch communications. This would be sufficient to insure no account stacking. Of course it would also catch innocent people who have a D500 and separate EA dish...

thats it, and some accomodation could be made for legit special applications

A better way would have the GPS on the LNB and just feed this info down to the receivers. When they receivers call in they send in the GPS info. Dish could then match the service address to the GPS location of the LNB. Multiple dishes would not matter since the GPS info would essentially be the same. A big tell to Dish would be that the GPS locations of different receivers on the account were not close.

It probably would be fairly cheap and easy for Dish to do, but of course there are so many LNBs already in circulation. They would have to have a new receiver only work with the new LNB, if you ever upgrade a box you have to get the new GPS LNB.

Get over it Bob. When someone says what kinda of crack are you smoking. It's a way of saying that what you said is just plain out of left field.

I have had realtives and friends with drug troubles, one gal commited suicide by blowing her brains out. i dont like being called a druggie and with my job in schools it could cost me entire school districts since bob haller is my real name...........

there does that make it clearer?

yes & no

I have had realtives and friends with drug troubles, one gal commited suicide by blowing her brains out. i dont like being called a druggie and with my job in schools it could cost me entire school districts since bob haller is my real name...........

TMI Bob have you ever heard of that phrase. How many of these people there read this stuff. You are taking things to literally. IOW relax. :cool: down.

STOP, many years ago a team summit exhibitor showed a system where all boxes on a account would only work if they were on the same dish LNB system. They basically talked to one another.

No 2 way transmit back to E, just within the same account.

scott where did my post say transmit back to E?

I have never used drugs and am offended at your post, I have never smoked, never done drugs, and at most had alcohol only for a rare special occasion, like a wedding toast.

At 5 years old I witnessed my next door neighbors drunk husband beat up his wife and she ended up in hospital with broken bones...

this probably explains my position on drunks of any type..

You posted THIS...
E could of required all boxes on account to communicate over sat cable and LNB network.

Care to change your story? Looks like you are implying two way comm thru the LNB to me.

I get it.. Yiou have hard luck expereinces. So be it. That does not give you or anyone else license to post stupidity with utter impunity and not expect others to react.
What makes you think you are special?

You posted THIS...
E could of required all boxes on account to communicate over sat cable and LNB network.

Care to change your story? Looks like you are implying two way comm thru the LNB to me.

sat cable and LNB network note I didnt say send back to E by sat now did I??

and certinally the company that exhibited the technology didnt think it was stupid, after all they must of spent a fortune patenting it?? thats very costly. they tried to sell it to E but charlie wasnt interested. instead he has the nazi group.......

while a realtively simple idea could of done the job without harassing calls........

That guy's videos crack me up. He is a total moron. I really like the one where he is up on the ladder and screws up the install like 4 times and has to move the dish.

No it doesn't... Bob Haller is the name you go by, your real name is Robert Haller, just like it says on your driver's license...... :D

oh why bother, my report of technology that would make the nazi group unnecessary turned into a beat up bob........

oh why bother, my report of technology that would make the nazi group unnecessary turned into a beat up bob........
Yeah, I don't understand what it is about you that attracts all these ad hominem atacks. I haven't seen such venom since HiDefJeff posted something about signal strength. And in this case you knew what you were talking about and the others insist on misinterpreting you.

Actually NAZIS could keep their jobs targeting boxes who reported no communication between them. this would accurately target those of interest.....

ESPN pic cut off at bottom

Dish Dvr/Sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts