gps in receivers?

Try this one. When we first started our receiver in Yuma last winter after using it last in Idaho I was able to get the Idaho local staions for a short time. About 15 minutes. Then I got a mesage that said I could not get local stations when I was out of the area or some message like that. Sorry I can not remember exact message. Old age is catching me sorry. How did the receiver know I was no longer in the Idaho area? Possibly due to the low signal strength! But that could be due to a misaligned antenna. I suspect it would not be difficult to include GPS signals. Are they (GPS) not in the same frequency range as the Dish signals?

No

Try this one. When we first started our receiver in Yuma last winter after using it last in Idaho I was able to get the Idaho local staions for a short time. About 15 minutes. Then I got a mesage that said I could not get local stations when I was out of the area or some message like that. Sorry I can not remember exact message. Old age is catching me sorry. How did the receiver know I was no longer in the Idaho area? Possibly due to the low signal strength! But that could be due to a misaligned antenna. I suspect it would not be difficult to include GPS signals. Are they (GPS) not in the same frequency range as the Dish signals?

Your loss of locals was signal level only. GPS is no where close to the same frequency as DBS sat. GPS satellites broadcast at the same two frequencies, 1.57542 GHz (L1 signal) and 1.2276 GHz (L2 signal). DBS satellite uses Ku band 12 to 18 GHz & the new D* sats uses Ka band 26.5 to 40 GHz.

Yes GPS's will be installed in Every Leased Dual Tuner VIP made after 2007.

By the way each Dual room VIP will come with a $3.99 GPS fee, But your base pack will remain the same Everyday low price.

This new fee will be effective this morning.

Thanks.

Just Kidding !

Yes GPS's will be installed in Every Leased Dual Tuner VIP made after 2007.

By the way each Dual room VIP will come with a $3.99 GPS fee, But your base pack will remain the same Everyday low price.

This new fee will be effective this morning.

Thanks.

Just Kidding !

I heard the whole house GPS was onlt $5.99. :rolleyes::D

I guess they could put GPS in each lnb that they manufacture but without a phone line / broadband connected it will not be able to report it's findings. A cell phone transmitter would do the trick. Think of the extra cost this would bring to Dish Network though. Would they really gain anything after all those extra costs?

Bob what brand of crack do you smoke?

Such a thing would need LNB's that transmit which would also require a larger dish. Have you ever installed two way internet via satellite?

Its nothing like installing regular satellite, if the dish is off just a bit your tranmission can interfere with other transponders or satellites.

Dish also does not have a license to do two way satellite transmissions from the FCC.

I dont know where you come up with the crap that you do, but feel you would make an excellent fiction writer. :)

Such a thing would need LNB's that transmit which would also require a larger dish. Have you ever installed two way internet via satellite?
I think Bob was referring to two-way comm over the sat coax as is done now between DP gear and the receivers. No two-way satellite communications is needed to do this. But the DP comm protocol would need to be enhanced to allow receiver-to-receiver communications as well as receiver to LNB/switch communications. This would be sufficient to insure no account stacking. Of course it would also catch innocent people who have a D500 and separate EA dish...

the bps chip is next to the camara. one of the IR sensors on the front is actually a camara lens so charlie can watch you watching dish.

I have

Bob what brand of crack do you smoke?

Its nothing like installing regular satellite, if the dish is off just a bit your tranmission can interfere with other transponders or satellites.

Dish also does not have a license to do two way satellite transmissions from the FCC.

I dont know where you come up with the crap that you do, but feel you would make an excellent fiction writer. :)

I have installed those in commercial as well as farms. These guys that talk about the problems of siting a dish here have never sited a 2 way before. Boy now that's fun. .25 of a degree on the sat. That's about about what it takes. Spectrum analyzer time is what is needed in those installs. If you slop over to next sat and it screws up that bird. the FCC is this little thing called a small fee. It's only $10k per incident that you knock out a transponder.

It wouldn't be too crazy and could report back via phone line or internet connection. My phone can lock onto 6 satellites in my house. But if the receiver was in an entertainment center or basement... forget about it.

ESPN pic cut off at bottom

Dish Dvr/Sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts