Go with Install or not?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
I'm currently looking to replace a leased 510 receiver under the dishing it up for a HD dual tuner receiver. (wife's taking a kids room, moved out, and adding exercise equipment and wants a t.v. in there.) I see the program has I just do it, or I add $25-$50 and they install it.

Here is what I have now.
Dish 1000 (signal strength 60 on 110 and 119, 30 on 129)
DP34 switch (3 lines from the dish into the DP32, 4 lines from the dP34 into the house.. upgrade from old quad lnb)
ViP622 receiver feeding two rooms (leased) (gets two of the lines from the switch)
510 receiver feeding one room (leased) (gets one of the lines from the switch)
501 (yes.. a 501) feeding a bedroom. (owned) (gets one of the lines from the switch)

If I just get a new HD DVR to replace the 510, and feed two rooms (i'll upgrade one room to HD) is that all I'll need? Or am I going to need a new dish, new LNB's, or new switch which would then go way towards paying any install fee?

If I do the install, is there an upgraded dish or dish config I can ask for that will help improve the 129 signal while they are here?

thanks

With a dual tuner replacing the 510 on a DP34 you will be 1 port short of your needs so you need another switch or a 1000.2 dish with 3 DPP outputs. Go with DISH install and try to get a 1000.2 dish to improve 129.

Yeah, get in installed. You'll either get a 1000.2 dish or a DPP 44 switch out of it.... either of which would cost you more if you bought them yourself. Not to mention no sweat breaking.

Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like install is the best option.

I wonder if they'll just swap in some hardware that will allow one cable to the dual tuner boxes, then the adapter necessary for the 501?

Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like install is the best option.

I wonder if they'll just swap in some hardware that will allow one cable to the dual tuner boxes, then the adapter necessary for the 501?
No adapter necessary for single tuners. Dual Tuners will then need a separator for single cable operation. The 1000.2 is DishProPlus which means it is natively compatible with DPP (w/sep), DP, and Legacy receivers without any adapters necessary (although you need at least one DP/DPP receiver to power the thing) Definately go for the install option, you'll probably get a much better signal from all three sats as long as your not in a low signal strength area, and your tech knows what he is doing.

Ooma phone service

Picture Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts