Gemini Boxes

icehckylvr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 6, 2004
Elk Grove, CA
I purchased a few Gemini boxes online when I switched to Directv Stream and have been unable to get them working because I was told that the last person never deactivated the box. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to do that from my end? I tried to do it at one point with a Directv Rep but was unable to accomplish this. Not sure if anyone has ever figured out a way to do. Thank you

The Gemini boxes have to be authorized to your account by serial number. The last that I knew,, DTV was treating the Gemini (both satellite and streaming) the same the Gemini mini clients: When removed from an account, they don't want them back and they can't be reactivated.

Some can be activated, some can't.
I have purchased several through FB marketplace and was successful with most of them.
I did have three that I purchased for $10.00 each that I could not activate. They were from the Beta program.
I don't recall the process, but if you do some googling you should be able to find it. It involves pressing the red button 7 times or 12 times, I can't remember.
Keep trying. Some of the boxes took several attempts.

I purchased a few Gemini boxes online when I switched to Directv Stream and have been unable to get them working because I was told that the last person never deactivated the box. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to do that from my end? I tried to do it at one point with a Directv Rep but was unable to accomplish this. Not sure if anyone has ever figured out a way to do. Thank you
I can’t promise this will work in your case, but I purchased several of these boxes myself when I signed up for stream. I have had a couple of them that were set up with someone else’s account. My fix was to power them up and then hold the red button on the side of the box for 30 seconds to do a hard reset on the box. It would reset the box to initial set up and I was an able to sign in using my account information. Good luck.

The Gemini boxes have to be authorized to your account by serial number. The last that I knew,, DTV was treating the Gemini (both satellite and streaming) the same the Gemini mini clients: When removed from an account, they don't want them back and they can't be reactivated.
That is incorrect for Stream

If the previous owner never disabled auto sign in there is a trick to pulling Ethernet cable right before it hits that part that signs it out. You would need to see if you can find that

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again